Red De Balcon - Balcony Fall Protection For Kids

brandon

Registered
Looking for a recommendation on getting a balcony fall protection net installed in Nunez.
Anyone have a good experience around this area?
I've seen a few online shops such as maxinet.com.ar, but thought I check word of mouth first.

Thanks,
Brandon

I got a net from La Casa Segura for about 6000 pesos (for roughly 4X1.5M area) and did the installation myself. I measured the area I needed to fill and went to their shop to see what meshes they had. They completed my order in under a week with all the parts I ordered for my needs (keeping pigeons out of my balcony) - a net with the perimeter tether only. They sell the wall mounts also, but I found cheaper, stronger bolts at a ferreteria.

They have different gauges of netting so it's probably best that you go to see the options available for your needs (not all their gauges of mesh were available when I ordered), and depending on what tools and balcony you have; it may be best to have them install it. Surprisingly, it wasn't as easy as I though even with a ladder and tools. This is extra of course.

Theoretically it's not so difficult to install; spacing and securing the bolts in cement and wood was easy enough, starting out and getting to the 'bend' was OK too, but pulling the net good and tight around a corner and making sense of it near the end got a bit confusing as there appeared to be excess. Then tying off the ends was frustrating on my own for my "L" shaped balcony. The railing material of the balcony also presents another problem: I used zip-ties as I didn't want to put holes in a cylindrical metal railing. Get the installation and save yourself the hassle.

A fairly good product, although their hours are pretty limited. Closed on the weekends, and Monday to Friday they are closed by 6 with the usual siesta break during the day. Sorry, I don't know of anything in your area.

gpop- thanks for the detailed info. After hearing the challenges, I'll pay for the installation!

Back