red meat and Argentina

garryl

Registered
Lately a friend who has some numbness in her body, had a brain MRI scan. Doctor found her main brain blood vessels are all clogged. She is a big time lomo consumer, her doctor ordered her to cut it way down. Red meat leads much more Saturated and trans fat, makes the situation worse.
Each time I visit Argentina, when I see how people eat steaks, other grilled intestines and blood sausages in a big pile, that convinces me it's OK to eat like that, everyone eats that much red meat in Argentina and they are fine. And I tend to order a pile of meat too, and feel bad and scared when I leave Argentina. But are they really OK ? Does that shorten the lifespan of Argentines or prolong it ? It's considered crazy in other countries to eat that much red meat as Argentines do. I wonder if there is any study of that.

They mix the red meats by loading up on carbs too. Pastas and breads are very popular here as well.

Why is then Hong Kong and Japan have the highest life expectancy in the world if they eat the most meat products per capita including fish, eggs, pork , chicken , and beef?

For reference, Hong Kong consumes more meat per person (695 grams per day or about 1.5 pounds) than any other nation, with a life expectancy of 84.3 years, theworld's highest. Meanwhile, India has the second lowest per capita meat
consumption in the world, and the average life expectancy is 68.3 years.
https://archive.org/stream/HongKong... Highest Per Capita Meat Consumption_djvu.txt

Why is then Hong Kong and Japan have the highest life expectancy in the world if they eat the most meat products per capita including fish, eggs, pork , chicken , and beef?

For reference, Hong Kong consumes more meat per person (695 grams per day or about 1.5 pounds) than any other nation, with a life expectancy of 84.3 years, theworld's highest. Meanwhile, India has the second lowest per capita meat
consumption in the world, and the average life expectancy is 68.3 years.
https://archive.org/stream/HongKongWorldLongestLifeExpectancyHighestPerCapitaMeatConsumption/Hong Kong_ World Longest Life Expectancy, Highest Per Capita Meat Consumption_djvu.txt
Indian diet is not healthy, even though they are vegetarians.

Back