Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

Thanks that's a relief. I was thinking it was PCR. Hopefully doesn't change in the next hour when Biden speaks.

Starting on December 6, air travelers aged two and older, regardless of nationality or vaccination status, are required to show documentation of a negative viral test result taken within one day of the flight’s departure to the United States before boarding. You must show your negative result to the airline before you board your flight. That includes all travelers – U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents (LPRs), and foreign nationals...

For Antigen in 30 min. and PCR 4 hours, tests at Ezeiza and Aeroparque. Four thousand pesos for Antigen and Seven thousand pesos for PCR. Available 24 hours no turnos.
OR....BY APPOINTMENT ONLY at their laboratories located in the following neighborhoods in CABA: Barrio Norte (only at French 3085), Belgrano,
Flores, Microcentro, Villa Crespo, Villa Urquiza.

How does the COVID travel insurance checking happen and what are the exact requirements? On the USA embassy site it says:

“Argentine immigration authorities require that all travelers have evidence of medical travel insurance that includes hospitalization, quarantine, and transportation coverage of COVID-19.”

Yet, on the Google translation of this Argentina site https://www.argentina.gob.ar/interior/migraciones/ddjj-migraciones it says:

“For their part, non-resident foreigners who enter for tourist reasons must present a complete vaccination scheme, negative PCR 72 hours. prior to shipment and a COVID-19 health insurance, being exempted from quarantine.

I found a Cigna Global health insurance, which isn’t a travel insurance. Also, the option I’m interested in is the Silver plan with a very high deductible, does’t cover evacuation, and I’m not sure what qarantine coverage is but it may not cover that either. It’s just a normal health coverage that works internationally, and I don’t think it’s a travel insurance. See here: https://www.cignaglobal.com/quote/pages/quote/PersonalInformationLiteV4.html?new=true

I’m wondering if this will satisfy the “travel” insurance requirement. I’ don’t want to take any risk of running into issues by even the most picky travel authority. Is there something I should tweak in it, like add evacuation, or get a travel insurance on top of it? When I contacted a travel insurance provider, Allianz I believe, they said they don’t offer services for open ended travel plans, there must be a definite return date, so I didn’t go with a travel insurance because of that.

Who does the checking to make sure you have all these insurance and other requirements? The airlines? Also, if you don’t have adequate health coverage are you going to be denied entry as a tourist? And finally, the Argentina website mentions:

“In order to have data that allow the implementation of the necessary measures to protect public health in the framework of the health emergency, the Ministry of the Interior through The National Directorate of Migration provides that all persons entering the country must use the COVID 19-Ministry of Health application in its version for mobile devices, or in its web version, for a minimum period of 14 days.”

I don’t see any web versions, just Android and Apple.

Back