Registered massage therapist

MikeandPat

Registered
Does anybody know of a good massage therapist here in B.A. (Palermo district hopefully) who knows about bad backs and how to fix them.
I'm looking for something medically legitimate here ... NOT a
"happy ending" style massage.... thank you very much !

Mind you ... if the therapist can fix my back for me that will
no doubt make me very happy .... so again ..thank you very much.

MikeandPat said:
I'm looking for something medically legitimate here ... NOT a
"happy ending" style massage.... thank you very much !

One night a friend was telling me about a woman he knows who is a masseuse. When I told my friend that I am interested in receiving a massage he told me that she "isn't that kind of masseuse"

It's strange sometimes the perceptions that people have of you :rolleyes:

I've been around enough that I think I'm aware of the usual "offerings", especially when the locals know you are a tourist and only here for a relatively short time.
I've gone through this search process on more than one occasion and in more than one city (try Sydney, Hong Kong, London, Paris, Rome, Nairobi, etc. etc.) In nearly all of them I was referred to an RMT that seemed legitimate but once into the process was asked by over half of them if I wanted the "full meal deal" or would be satisfied with just a plain massage.
I want someone who knows what they are doing with my back ... not someone who is pretending and trying to make an extra buck.

So I reiterate my request ..... if there is someone who knows of a local registered massage therapist, hopefully somewhere in Palermo (but I wll travel) please reply to this string.

Thanks

There is a guy from California who lives here called Owen and he is legit and very good. He advertises on this board. I have back and hip problems, and he helped me a lot. He will also come to your house with the massage table and everything which is great.

Unfortunately there are few massage theraphists who are professional in Buenos Aires and the local mindset is to believe that massage is sexual and must provide relief.

This is not massage which requires the knowledge of the human body and energy centres ( chakras) .

I know of one excellent masseur who is the best professional massuer for home visits.

His name is Owen at 11-4195-9561 or at [email protected]
progress.gif

Perry, that is the Owen who I would recommend for sure! Thanks for posting his info.

jenh said:
There is a guy from California who lives here called Owen and he is legit and very good. He advertises on this board. I have back and hip problems, and he helped me a lot. He will also come to your house with the massage table and everything which is great.

I got a massage from Owen about ~October of 2009. Don't know if he's still here, but it trained and worked in California before moving here.

You should be able to find him in an old thread.

Napoleon said:
I got a massage from Owen about ~October of 2009. Don't know if he's still here, but it trained and worked in California before moving here.

You should be able to find him in an old thread.
Owen came out to see me today and I would highly recommend him. Very professional guy with great technique.

Back