Relatively new, a few curiosities...

Stephen H

Registered
Hey everyone! My name is Stephen, and I've been here for four months. I'm 24 years old, I work and live here, and really enjoy it so far. I have some friends, but am always looking for more. I have a few questions for those of you more experienced types in here.

Where can I buy a board game or two?

Where can I play basketball?

Who wants to play basketball?

Who here is nerdy enough to indulge in some online gaming from time to time, and what do you play?

I have many more, but I'll save those for a different thread once I learn that my questions don't fall on deaf ears... Hope to hear from some of you soon!

Paz,
~STephen-

Hi! Stephen...
I play with some friends every saturday in a little park in Barracas, we've got a relatively good level for amateur basketball...there's a guy from Seattle that's injured actually. The point is how much spanish do you speak? All boys playing are locals, except the one I mentioned, there are also two or three guys that speak a little of English...
The park is in California and Velez Sarsfield Av corner, the name is "Parque Pereyra", we meet every saturday at 4:00 or 4:30 PM in summer and play for 2 to 3 hours.
It's not the best place to play (since it's maintained by the city government), it's a kind of "street basketball" court, but people come here only interested in playing basketball.
There are also another groups of amateur basketball players...that meet from time to time in the city (all local guys), but I don´t know much about them...

I'm a local guy, not an expat..

That sounds like fun, I'll try to make it there this saturday if I can... I'm currently fighting the porteno stomach bug, but I'm confident I'll be feeling better by the end of the week.

~Stephen-

Hi, stephen. Couldn´t help you with the bball sitch, but I am possibly nerdy enough to play online games. I like real time strategy like age of empires, rise of nations, empire earth, that kind of vibe. Not so much the WoW type myself, I have an addictive personality :)

And I´m even more of a nerd: I love scrabble.

I love scrabble as well... Perhaps a group scrabble night is in order?
As for online games, I play this one that is similar to WoW, but is free. Does anyone have a copy of scrabble?!

I forgot to mention that I'm a local guy ...not an expat....

It's ok. My castellano is nowhere near immaculate, but I'm certainly not hopeless. I look forward to meeting you on the court.

Back