Reliable Cheap Car Service In Capital

EMI_CHEF

Registered
any recommendations?? I want to go to an estancia outside of the capital

I don't have a recommendation in capital but usually it is cheaper to get a remis from where you are going. When I lived in the province, the local remises were much cheaper and only charged one way, while if you got a car from capital, it would often charge both ways. So maybe look at the area where you are going and google remiserias around there? Or ask the estancia if they can recommend a local remiseria. Another benefit of using a service from that area is that they will know how to get there; a taxi from capital might have problems finding the place (depending on the the location of course - some of them are on dirt roads etc.)

I just used my Remise driver friend to take me and an out of town guest from Capital to San Antonio de Areco to an estancia. The price was 1500 pesos round trip. The trip was about an hour and 45 minutes each way. For me a very fair price. PM me if you want his contact info. Extremely trustworthy. I've known and used him for years. He understands but does not speak English.

I used the service of a taxi driver to the estancia Ombu de Areco (in San Antonio de Areco) for 1000 pesos round trip.
The estancia offers lunch to the taxi driver but the way.
He's a very nice driver and I always call him when I need longer rides (Ezeiza, provincia etc). You negotiate the ride in advance with him and if both parties agree, you can be sure he is very punctual.

"Reliable" and "cheap" are two words that don't go together in Buenos Aires.
The word expensive does not go with reliable either :) Anything or anyone that is reliable is a keeper here. If I find any repair guy is reliable, I like to become a friend of this guy, and hope he will come over next time I call him.

Back