Reminder: Business Networking and Econ Discussion Group Tonight

GS_Dirtboy

Registered
If you have an interest in Business, Economic, and Political issues in Argentina then I'd like to invite you to our first meeting. Our objective is to network with other business-minded people and learn from each other.

Topic: Austrian Economic Theory discussion led by Pedro Calmon, Account Executive LatAm, Google. Pedro grew up in Brasil, lives in New York City, and works all of Latin America in Business Development for Goolge. He's a fascinating person and his experience gives him a very interesting perspective of current economic events in Argentina.

Where: Plaza del Carmen, Palermo - at the intersection of Av. Santa Fe and Scalabrini Ortiz. This is 10 meters from the Subte D line Scalabrini Ortiz station. However, since the Subte looks to be on strike there are many buses that service this area. For an interactive BsAs bus schedule click Omni Líneas

When: Wednesday, May 16th at 6:30PM - 8:00PM (tonight)

Price: This will be dutch. You pay for what you eat and drink.

RSVP: Please respond to this thread if you are coming. I'll need to make arangements based upon the size of our group.

Hasta Pronto!

Too bad, you(or the organizers) have picked a day where it will be basically impossible to travel to Palermo if you are not there. Or atleast very uncomfortable.

6.30-8.00 doesnt help neither, think very few people will be interested or can make it at that time.

Are you(they) going to open up a fb group, should be a good way to get into contact with interested parties

Guys, I have to apologize - I have a pressing work-related issue that is not going to allow me to come today, even though I had planned to. An emergency that can't be avoided with a huge data issue with a client. I was hoping to be finished, but it's not going well and three and half hours before the meeting, I don't see me finishing.

My apologies again!

GS_Dirtboy said:
If you have an interest in Business, Economic, and Political issues in Argentina then I'd like to invite you to our first meeting. Our objective is to network with other business-minded people and learn from each other.

Topic: Austrian Economic Theory discussion led by Pedro Calmon, Account Executive LatAm, Google. Pedro grew up in Brasil, lives in New York City, and works all of Latin America in Business Development for Goolge. He's a fascinating person and his experience gives him a very interesting perspective of current economic events in Argentina.

Where: Plaza del Carmen, Palermo - at the intersection of Av. Santa Fe and Scalabrini Ortiz. This is 10 meters from the Subte D line Scalabrini Ortiz station. However, since the Subte looks to be on strike there are many buses that service this area. For an interactive BsAs bus schedule click Omni Líneas

When: Wednesday, May 16th at 6:30PM - 8:00PM (tonight)

Price: This will be dutch. You pay for what you eat and drink.

RSVP: Please respond to this thread if you are coming. I'll need to make arangements based upon the size of our group.

Hasta Pronto!

Are people actually going with the strike and everything? I might go if other people are going. But I don't want to go if no one is going to show up.

Heh - I didn't even know about the strike until I read this and another post later. I would have driven anyway had I not had an emergency come up.

I am VERY interested, the subject sounds really interesting and the place is walking distance for me, but I only just saw this. If there was an earlier announcement, I didn't see it.

The time is fine for me. I've never liked things much that started late, but these Argentines don't start anything before 8 or 9 at night and the expats seem to have adapted quite nicely to that schedule. In Uruguay there was a Sunday lunch every week for expats (and locals) that was HUGE by the time I left. Thought of trying to start one here and see if there is any interest.

If you continue this group I am interested. I would have been there tonight if I had seen it earlier. I hope the first meeting goes well! It sounds like a great idea!

I would definitly be interested in the expat lunch, can prolly make it semi-regular

This sounded fantastic. Can you arrange again for a slightly later time?

Agreed with El Chabon. It is a pity, hopefully there's another one!

Back