Renewing Dni

highland110

Registered
Hello guys,

I read the posts on this website and I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I made a turno online for a prorroga de residencia and it told me to go to Hipólito Irigoyen 952. The thing is that I was sent there earlier today and I was told that I have to go to migraciones in Av. Antártida Argentina 1355.

Does anyone happen to know where exactly the tramite can be done?

Thanks!

Hello guys,

I read the posts on this website and I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I made a turno online for a prorroga de residencia and it told me to go to Hipólito Irigoyen 952. The thing is that I was sent there earlier today and I was told that I have to go to migraciones in Av. Antártida Argentina 1355.

Thanks!
Hello guys,

Thanks!

As far as I know, foreigners always have always had to go to migraciones in Av. Antártida Argentina 1355.to renew their temporary residency.

You probably made the same mistake that I did the last time I renewed my Dni. Evidently I chose the wrong option when I made the turno online and also was sent to the Hipólito Yrigoyen address. Unfortunately I don't remember which option it was that I chose and don't remember which the correct option is. You have to go back online and try again and make sure that when you make your choice that you are sent to the Av. Antártida Argentina 1355 address, which can be difficult to actually find the first time you go there. Check on Google maps for the actual location. If you take a colectivo, get off at Retiro station and head in the direction of Buquebus https://www.google.com.ar/maps/place/Av.+Ant%C3%A1rtida+Argentina+1355,+C1104ACA+CABA/@-34.5950898,-58.3736234,16z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x95a3354aeaee3f85:0xf4fe7b2e351626c0!8m2!3d-34.5926734!4d-58.3680905 or take a taxi.

I had a similar experience a couple of years ago when I needed to renew my DNI in Olivos, (Provincia) for the new card, but it wasn't a question of where to go, more a question of how and by what means to book the appt.
It was quite hilarious actually and one of the fews times I decided to be completely pragmatic about the whole palava and it ended up like a game of snakes and ladders.
The municipality website was pretty helpful and in the DNI section it pretty much had a sign that said FOREIGNERS THIS WAY!, but it ended up as a loop, forcing me to go personally to the office where, inevitably they wouldn't see me without an appointment.
The clerk, who appeared to be having a bad hair day said 'Can't you read?' and pointed her finger to the notice board where I found a piece of paper no larger than a postage stamp containing an almost indecipherable URL which I photographed, much to her chagrin 'No photos allowed in here señor!'
I guffawed in her face at that I can tell you and they didn't see me for dust.
By an accidental miracle which I still remember fondly, I managed to get an appointment for the following week when, as expected I saw the very same clerk who was continuing her never ending bad hair day and processed me like the anonymous number she truly regarded me as and the new DNI arrived in the post about three days later.

My driving license renewal for a motorbike was even more satisfying in a delicious 'beat the system' kind of way, but that's another story altogether.

Jumping on this post to ask a similar question:

My DNI expires in March of 2018. How far in advance should I make an appointment for renewal (bearing in mind how busy Migraciones is at that time of year)?

Also, I am hoping to go back to the states for a bit between November and March. Would it make more sense to do it before I left even though it's early?

Thanks in advance!

I'd get the ball rolling in November if I were you, but don't forget that it arrives by post and someone will have to be there to receive it. You may even get it in less than a week, like I did but it might be different in CABA.

You can begin the process of renewing your temporary residency at migraciones no more than sixty days prior to the expiration date that appears on yout DNI.

I italicized temporary residency because that's you are renewing. The DNI is issued after that. It's important to refer to them by the correct terms in Spanish, especially when asking questions at various offices..in order to get the correct answer. Asking a question about renewing a DNI might get someone sent to the Registro Civil when they need to go to migraciones.

It looks like Gringoboy was referring to getting the Nuevo DNI (tarjeta/card) in his post of December 2015. That was something that could be accomplished at the Registo Civil (at least where I live),but only for foreigners with permanent residency.

Depends on if it's your first, second or third renewal. Wait until 60 days before your DNI expires. Before you can make a turno online for immigracion, you have to have your new antecedentes. Once you have that (it takes five days for them to process it, unless you pay an extra fee), then you can make the appointment online. For first and second renewals, I believe you need to chose Prórroga de residencia. For the third/final renewal chose cambio de categoria Mayor de 16 anos. If for some reason you are sent to hipolito yrigoyen address, send them a cancelation email and explain that you picked the wrong category and then wait until that turno has been canceled and try again.

Depends on if it's your first, second or third renewal. Wait until 60 days before your DNI expires. Before you can make a turno online for immigracion, you have to have your new antecedentes. Once you have that (it takes five days for them to process it, unless you pay an extra fee), then you can make the appointment online. For first and second renewals, I believe you need to chose Prórroga de residencia. For the third/final renewal chose cambio de categoria Mayor de 16 anos. If for some reason you are sent to hipolito yrigoyen address, send them a cancelation email and explain that you picked the wrong category and then wait until that turno has been canceled and try again.

Great post, Macando.

If I remember stramollygreen's posts correctly, this will be the first renewal.

Here is the information from the mnigraciones website. http://www.migracion...ncias_prorrogas

In this page it is possible to click on [background=rgb(242, 242, 242)] Registro Nacional de Reincidencia[/background][background=rgb(242, 242, 242)] [/background]. (in blue)
to get the turno for the new penales antecidentes which is valid for 60 days. It is also possible to apply for the renewal up to 30 days after the temporary residency has expired. In that case the fee is $3000 pesos.

[background=rgb(242, 242, 242)]RENTISTA

Para realizar el trámite deberá presentarse en la Dirección Nacional de Migraciones, SEDE CENTRAL, el día y horario del turno, en el Edificio 3 - Sector Biometría - Box 1 para Sede Central, o bien en las Delegaciones del interior de país.

Los extranjeros con residencia regular en el país podrán solicitar ante la Dirección Nacional de Migraciones las prórrogas de residencia que correspondieren, de conformidad con los procedimientos previstos en la Ley Nº 25.871, el Reglamento Dto 616/2010 y las normas que se dicten en su consecuencia, para lo cual deberá contar con turno previo.[/background]

[background=rgb(242, 242, 242)]PRÓRROGA DE RESIDENCIA TEMPORARIA COMO RENTISTA

Si usted pretende prorrogar su residencia obtenida como rentista, deberá presentar:

• Documentación probatoria q acredite su continuidad como rentista, la misma deberá contener el monto de dinero a percibir, mínimo de $30.000 (pesos treinta mil), el origen del mismo y su plazo de durabilidad.
• CERTIFICADO DE ANTECEDENTES PENALES ARGENTINOS Emitido por Registro Nacional de Reincidencia o Policía Federal. Solo exigible a mayores de 16 años.
• Pasaporte vigente
• Documento Nacional de Identidad[/background]

[background=rgb(242, 242, 242)]IMPORTANTE:

• Toda documentación expedida en el extranjero deberá contar con la legalización del Consulado Argentino, sito en el país emisor del documento Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores Comercio Internacional y Culto, o Apostillada, si el país hubiera ratificado el Convenio de La Haya.
• Sin perjuicio de lo dispuesto en los acuerdos o convenciones internacionales vigentes, toda documentación expedida por las representaciones consulares en el territorio nacional, deberá contar con la legalización del Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores Comercio Internacional y Culto, excepto MERCOSUR.
• Toda documentación expedida en idioma extranjero deberá contar con la traducción al castellano efectuada por Traductor Público Nacional (Art. 6º Ley 20.305) y legalizada por el Colegio de Traductores, Av. Corrientes 1834 (excepto Brasil).
• La documentación a presentar deberá ser original. La Dirección Nacional de Migraciones podrá solicitar, si así lo considerase necesario, documentación adicional a la detallada. La prórroga a otorgar será por el mismo período de tiempo de la residencia obtenida[/background]

[background=rgb(242, 242, 242)]-TASA DE PRORROGA DE PERMANENCIA : $2000[/background]

Back