Rent Increases

bobsnowpuppy

Registered
What rent increases have people been seeing for this year? The owner of my apartment just told me she will increase my rent 50%! I know prices are up all around, but I was very surprised and will probably have to move. My rent is not currently on the lower end, so it's not like she's making a base adjustment. I live near Las Heras and Puerrydon.

What rent increases have people been seeing for this year? The owner of my apartment just told me she will increase my rent 50%! I know prices are up all around, but I was very surprised and will probably have to move. My rent is not currently on the lower end, so it's not like she's making a base adjustment. I live near Las Heras and Puerrydon.

Does inflation look anything like it is on a 50% annual increase pace over there at the moment?

An Argentine friend told me the owner of her apartment (which is in an exclusive area of Palermo Chico) raised prices in December, and then came back to her in January and said "I'm sorry, but I have to raise the rent again." Basically she explained that the expenses were so high that she wasn't making anything from renting out his apartment.

I have moved back to my home country as of June last year, but my heart really does go out to all our friends and family who are just trying to get by in such a climate.

Long term, it's been a 30% increase on the first year and another 30% starting the second year, at least that's what my agent has been doing for the past 3 or 4 years , having the tenants pay for expensas themselves, of course it doesn't always work out and tenants walk out to find something cheaper.....i wouldn't know how it works on short term, but i imagine it would be more expensive...

Long term, it's been a 30% increase on the first year and another 30% starting the second year, at least that's what my agent has been doing for the past 3 or 4 years , having the tenants pay for expensas themselves, of course it doesn't always work out and tenants walk out to find something cheaper.....i wouldn't know how it works on short term, but i imagine it would be more expensive...

Hmm we do not have this sort of rent increase in URU I asked some local Americans I know that rent here. No change in the last year around here but around here is in the middle of nowhere to say the least. Except for about 2 months out of the year. But then again it is very expensive here anyway. Than again you get what you pay for.

There was thread about how dólar should be more expensive. Now it is, and real estates are sold in dollars... Most middle class Argentinians were able to buy dollars till December around 11 average, now it's 16,and expected to be higher soon. 50% rent increase is therefore logical. There are more capable members here to do the math, but fast check tells you, that without huge increase renting is quite stupid. Where is investment, if it pays itself after 40 years?

Back