Rentals. The most controversial points of the law that the Senate could approve

Recently paid 900 p/month for a gorgeous, brand new luxury villa in a top tourist destination by a very unhappy, newly poor owner who tried every trick in the book to scam us. Wouldn't do it again, but it was a decent stay. Yes, we're vultures doing geo arbitrage, the Argentines know & hate it, but the only reason a guy like him could build a home fit for a king was due to decades of welfare state government subsidies - not merit - I don't feel bad.

Most STRs outside BA, are sitting empty. I've seen entire neighborhoods empty, it's 2006 S. Florida in most of Argentina right now. If you have high risk tolerance & go full vulture - amazing deals can be had. If you want 0 risk, it's 200-300 p/night for short stays or 4-5k us p/month for long stays on resort/luxury like accommodation, which is also rapidly expanding in Argentina, for the precise reason of not having to deal with Argentines.
900 per month in which currency?

Just understand what you're getting yourself into when you go off the beaten path in Argentina where these deals are & start making cash in hand deals with backwood folks - learn about how the checkpoint system works & stay close to or in between gendarme/prefectura outposts & the worst that'll happen is scam attempts. When you get away from gendarmes in non urban Argentina anything can happen. You generally want to be at the entrance/exit to the town or about 5, 10km, etc outside the town in between checkpoints. Potential home invaders will have a very difficult time escaping these areas & they can't pay off gendarmes, at least the ones on the valuable fuel/food/drug smuggling routes. This is true for Iguazu, Cafayate, Cachi, all Salta/Jujuy/Catamarca tourist towns, etc. This is why I avoid Patagonia & BA Provincia, because there's few gendarme there.

900 us. 2 bdrm, probably around 2500 sq ft villa, brand new, on about 2 acres of land - world class view, large parrilla, quincho, etc.
I live in a three bedroom house with a one bedroom guest house on two and a half acres with prepper class views (no close neighbors in the front or either side of my property...only behind me with tons of.privacy).

It isn't in a ritzy neighborhood and I don't pay rent or expenses. If i wanted to rent either the main house or the gues5 house the rates today would $1200 and $600 USD and I would try to find a DIY "prepper" who would rather.make improvements to the guest house instead of paying remt

900 per month in which currency?

Today, $900 pesos will almosr get you a 750ml bottle of Cif dishwashing detergent on Mercado Libre.

I use this as an example because I bought 12 bottles yesterday when the price was $600.

Last edited:
I live in a three bedroom house with a one bedroom guest house on two and a half acres with prepper class views (no close neighbors in the front or either side of my property...only behind me with tons of.privacy).

It isn't in a ritzy neighborhood and I don't pay rent or expenses. If i wanted to rent either the main house or the gues5 house the rates today would $900 and $500 USD.

This place nearest neighbor was a resort 1km away & it's in a high end, Villa La Angostura, type area. I know someone paying 1000 us (short term, month to month) very close to Llao Llao for a 3 star cabin in Bariloche area, lake view. For 900 long term, it needs to be luxurious ritz. In a non ritzy area like Villa Carlos Paz or other cheaper empty tourist towns in Cordoba, prices should be quite lower for equivalent luxury homes if you look.

Been living in STR (only houses) for 1 yr now traveling Argentina, imho, the price rises are mainly in urban areas & mostly in apartments. But yeah, apartments are rough right now. But I don't think you're going to find cheaper houses anywhere in the Americas. Again, if you're willing to take risks..

Back