Renters'security Insurance - In Lieu Of Garantía

GS_Dirtboy

Registered
Hey, I heard awhile back that there was a new insurance product that allowed renters to pay rental insurance instead of needing to come up with a garnatía. For expats getting a garantia can be very difficult as it requires someone else to put up the title of real property to guarantee the renter will not only pay their rent but vacate the premises at the end of the rent term.

Anyone have any info on this?

Many thanks.

GS

I have a rental property and have accepted this insurance before. You can get it at Banco Supervielle or Banco Ciudad. There are also some private insurance companies that offer this, one is called Monclair.com.ar.
I had a tenant that used Banco Supervielle, the tenant paid the rent at the bank and Banco Supervielle would credit me the money. I don't know what the costs are to the renter except that they pay a percentage of the rent as commission to the bank. Also I know the renter had to present a lot paperwork to the bank, like paystubs, an accountant's statement of income, long term job history, and it took almost a month to get approved. He was actually a government employee so I assume that made things easier for him. The landlord has to be willing to accept this, when they presented it to me I went to the bank and asked how it worked and for me as the landlord it was rather easy. This insurance has been around for years but many landlords won't accept it. Some people don't want to listen to alternatives and I had a great tenant who always paid on time and my investment was protected. I caution anyone who owns a property here to ever rent without a guarantía or this type of insurance. I did once to a "friend" and it is probably one of the biggest regrets of my life. I've never lived such a desperate experience before in my entire life trying to get someone evicted who not only didn't pay the rent, but did quite a bit of destruction to the property and cost me thousands (I had to pay him to leave) in legal fees. Don't do anybody ANY favors here when it comes to renting property, only do yourself a big favor and protect yourself.

I've heard something to this effect as well, but it's via the banks and only for perm residents with DNI, so permanent tourists still wouldn't be able to take advantage of it. I think it's via banco la nacion / ciudad or provincia.

These companies also offer the product.

http://www.finaersa.com.ar/home
http://www.indiceprop.com/igarantia/

The second one is advertised as "garantías para extranjeros"

If interested I could refer you to an insurance agent by PM.

Hey, I heard awhile back that there was a new insurance product that allowed renters to pay rental insurance instead of needing to come up with a [garantía]. ...

Anyone have any info on this?
Nothing new about this.

Four years ago my Argentine lawyer told me about it. Some of these insurances are OK for non-residents (permatourists) too. I didn't need it, though, as I am renting from a friend of a friend.

Back