Renting Apartments In Pesos

canadababe

Registered
I have just extended my current apartment for one month. I have stayed in two locations over the last three months and finally decided on Recoleta (if possible), it's so easy to get to everywhere you need to be (for me). Kinda central in a funny way. I want to find somewhere for six months from 7 April 2013. I want to find a studio/one bed and not be stuck with a contract requiring dollars. My current agent tells me that things in Argentina will get worse before they get better and hard times are looming that might make matters (dollars restrictions/economy) worse rather than better. What's your advice - owners I have contacted direct are resistant to taking pesos and difficult to deal with. I have an offshore account and can pay bank-to-bank but they demand cash and dollars when there are not any??? A lawyer I met told me to sign an agreement in dollars and then pay pesos at the official rate . - that is a legal tactic sure to make my stay in Buenos Aires unpleasant - not my style and advice I found odd coming from a legal professional who is tasked with seeing if I can get residency based on my professional status.

I thank you for your comments...

If you try that shit your lawyer suggested you'll soon find out how nasty the landlord can be, Best recipe to make yourself miserable for the rest of your stay. It's simply moronic.

your lawyer's suggestion sounds horrible- your stuff will be stolen within days if you do that.

just go to clarin.com and you can select temporary rentals and you will find something in recoleta in pesos.

here is the link...

http://www.argenprop.com/Alquiler-Por-Temporada-Departamentos-Barrio-Norte/af_800Kaf_818KpiQKpsQKmQ2KpQ1KrbQ1KvQKb_4Ksb_3Ksb_4Ksb_5

As I said - it's not my style to try and ''stiff'' owners and quite possibly, I was a little unclear on the advice I received in the context of our discussions, but the end result would be the same. What my lawyer said is - if restrictions and problems in Argentina get any worse and I am unable to get dollars into Argentina (which seems very odd for a country crying out for foreign currency and in particular dollars) I could pay my rent in pesos at the official rate without being in breach of contract. What's unsettling, is that everything seems up-in-the-air and nobody seems to know what's going to happen here. Quite possibly my move to Argentina was either a bit late or premature - I am not sure! I will look at the various links provided and thank you.

not tryin to be a biatch here, but whatever in the world made you think that this was a stable, predictable country? unsettling is the nature of this country, and part of the excitement. the move was likely neither late or premature, but misguided if you are looking for a settled place. maybe new zealand?

if you look on the link, many of the apartments that say barrio norte are probably what is thought of as recoleta. you can look at them based on the newest. alternatively, i find that the old fashioned print newspaper clarin is better than the website, and if you look at the friday/saturday versions, you will see temporary amoblados too

Seems like a ''super-biatch'' to me. However, my particular expertise is needed here and pays well. In addition, I am here for love, which may help you deal with my being misguided. Everyone knows that most countries in this region are better than in the past but still a little unstable. However, the realities of dollar restrictions and what could be impossible contractual responsibilities are what I am trying to analyze here - not my inappropriate choice of a home. Thank you for your thoughts and your link.

"everyone knows"? i would guess that many would deem the golden age of argentina, starting back in the 1880s was quite the time.

"a little unstable" hmmmmmm.

what is your particular expertise? i am guessing it is not economics, though im guessing CFK would find your frustation at not getting your dollars here so you can buy shit illuminating. that would be 'super biatch'.

i am a romantic however and wish you your love the best.

wow - such a nice website, with lots of helpful people - I suppose sad types are even found underneath cyber-rocks.

i sometimes react strongly to overt ignorance. soz

sorry. please don't judge the website by this sad type, i find ithe website incredibly helpful. and i hope that after you find a furnished place on clarin for half the price as the websites geared for foreignors, you will forgive me

Back