Renting in Argentina - Garantia

Letalent

Registered
Can anyone advise an expat on this issue. First month, last month, 1 month for the estate agent is all normal to me, then there is some insurance guarantee to pay? How is the best way to pay this? Can anyone suggest - I only recently got my residency here and only have a local debit card. I have cash from back home but not sure how best to pay it - any suggestions welcome.

Dont use an agent, you'll never get rid of that blood sucker. You will be forever tied to them and you'll owe them a month each time you renew the lease even if they didnt do anything. There is literally no advantage to using one.

For example a purchased garantia, it costs something like 2 months rent + admin fees to get one,BUT you must meet the requirements,income,etc...and it's non refundable....so add that into your upfront rental costs if you need one!

Can anyone advise an expat on this issue. First month, last month, 1 month for the estate agent is all normal to me, then there is some insurance guarantee to pay? How is the best way to pay this? Can anyone suggest - I only recently got my residency here and only have a local debit card. I have cash from back home but not sure how best to pay it - any suggestions welcome.
You can read more about"buying" a guarantia in the posts on this page:

Guarantias are only available for leases for more than one year and I wonder if you have temporary residency that expires before the lease does if you would even be eligible.to buy a guarantina based on that fact alone.

Without a garantia it will be almost impossible to get a lease to rent an unfurnished apartment for more than one year, and, as I indicated in the posts I made, foreign income will probably not be acceptable.

A few members have posted that they were able to get long term leases by paying more than first and last month's rent up front (at least six months if not a full year).

It was "easy" for Bajo-Cero2 to buy a guarantia for his ex, but they are both Argentine citizens, and he was able to demonstrare" two sources of income.

1532599325007.png

Requirements:

To request a Finaer Guarantee, at least two people are required to demonstrate income.
They must submit required documentation ...

Last edited:
PS to my previous post:

Of course the income requirement will now be much higher than $5000 peos per month.

While there is no doubts you can "buy" a garantia from one of these financial organizations, many landlords still prefer to deal with it in an old-fashioned way. I mean, to get rent payments secured against the value of a real property without using an intermediary.

Perhaps the best way to find out if an individual (one person) with temporary residency who is not earning income in Argentina can actually buy a guarantee would be to call this number and ask:

(011) 6842-5100

As Lunar indicates, there are other financial organizations (including several banks) that also sell guarantees. So, if Finera says no, perhaps it would would be worth the time to call others... and then post the results of the inquiries.

I don't recall anyone ever posting here that they were able to buy a guarantee without Argentine sourced income or with "cash back home."

Back