Rentisa Visa Questions

ali84747

Registered
Hi there,

I'd appreciate if someone could answer some of my questions on the 1 year Rentisa visa. I hope I have the term correct, but basically, the 1 year visa which you can get if you have a certain amount of income / money saved.

1) The requirement for the 1 year rentisa is 30,000 pesos per month (360,000 per year) in income, right?

2) If you have quit your job, but you have (substantially) more than 360,000 pesos saved in your bank, can you still qualify for it? (I'm single, no spouse or dependents)

3) Is there any english website / URL which lists the procedure for applying for Rentisa from within Argentina? (My local embassy told me they don't process it, I'll have to go to Argentina on a tourist visa, and apply from there)

Thank you very much.

Thank you, I've already been in contact with these lawyers, but they've said:

"
Thank you for your email. Unfortunately at the moment we are not working on individual applications but only focused in corporate immigration for nationals who do not require a tourist visa to enter Argentina.

Nevertheless, please feel free to contact the Argentine Consulate in your country for a list of attorneys and referrals who could work on your case.

"

The consulate in my country has been completely unhelpful, they've said I'll have to apply from within Argentina on a tourist visa and they don't process it.

I'd appreciate if someone could answer some of my questions on the 1 year Rentisa visa. I hope I have the term correct, but basically, the 1 year visa which you can get if you have a certain amount of income / money saved.

1) The requirement for the 1 year rentisa is 30,000 pesos per month (360,000 per year) in income, right?

It is at the moment but the exchange rate was about 15 to one when that amount (more than triple the previous monthly requirement of $800 pesos) went into effect and I suspect that it will most likely triple again (at the least) before the end of the year.

Based on previous increases, the new amount will likely be at least &100,000 pesos per month and the new amount will apply to renewals (in case you get a visa rentista at the current income requirement.

2) If you have quit your job, but you have (substantially) more than 360,000 pesos saved in your bank, can you still qualify for it? (I'm single, no spouse or dependents)

Just having the funds deposited in a savings account won't get you a visa rentista, but you should be able to qualify if the funds are in a bank trust that distributes the required amount on a monthly basis.

The trust should have made at least two monthly distributions before you apply for the visa and migraciones may require that you have enough funds in the trust to cover two years of monthly distributions, even though the visa is only granted one year at a time.

3) Is there any english website / URL which lists the procedure for applying for Rentisa from within Argentina? (My local embassy told me they don't process it, I'll have to go to Argentina on a tourist visa, and apply from there)

Go to the Argentine migrasiones website and copy and past the information about the visa rentista in translate.google.com.

I recently read (perhaps here) that applications for the visa rentista and pensionado must now be initiated on line in Argentina.

There is no reason for you to pay thousands of dollars to an "immigration attorney" when the system is designed for you to do it yourself.

And, if, at any time, you have additional questions just come back and post them here.

...migraciones may require that you have enough funds in the trust to cover two years of monthly distributions, even though the visa is only granted one year at a time..

If that's the case, you should plan on depositing an additional year's "income" (at the latest rate) prior to each renewal.

I am by no means an authority here but I would like to enhance what steveinbsas is saying about making applications and the lack of need for expensive lawyers. In the past maybe, now it seems not. #1 go here to start your application and finish your application. You do need to be in Argentina. One of the docs required is 'certificado di domicilio' in Argentina. Also you need to pay for the Arg criminal report with an invoice that's issued through the site, at a Correos (post office here in Argentina). http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/radex/index.html Contrary to a lot of confusing and discouraging information that abounds, their government website is straightforward and relatively simple. You can upload the documents required as jpegs or pdf right to your application pages. With the help of Google translate you can manage well. #2 I wouldn't be put off by what might happen in future with minimum income requirement. It's still 30,000 pesos at this time. Nail it now and deal with changes if / when they happen.

I recently read (perhaps here) that applications for the visa rentista and pensionado must now be initiated on line in Argentina..
PS: It doesn't matter what country you are actually in when you initiate the application. You just have to do it on line.

PS: It doesn't matter what country you are actually in when you initiate the application. You just have to do it on line.
I agree with that, you can start it from anywhere, but the invoice for the Arg criminal report drops on you as soon as you pay the Arg$6000 with large letters saying 24 HORAS, which I took to mean the clock is ticking. Also, it's not so clear once you're working on the application that you can close the page and come back later to work on it. Nervously I closed it and came back later to upload some but not all of the documents required. They could make the navigation of that app with better / clearer options.

I wouldn't be put off by what might happen in future with minimum income requirement. It's still 30,000 pesos at this time. Nail it now and deal with changes if / when they happen.
With all due respect, I believe the income requirement in pesos will be increased significantly and the increase is likely to happen sooner rather than later.

Before the last increase I repeatedly warned that it would at least double. It more than tripled.

While there is a debate here if expats can live well on $1500 USD per month, the last two times the monthly income requirement increased in pesos the "new" level in dollars was almost exactly $2000 per month.

If you plan on living here at the current rate of $30,000 pesos per month you will only need a monthly distribution of about $700 per month.

There's no way you can live well on that and, "if and when" the rate returns to the equivalent of $2000 USD per month, you will have to be able to show migraciones that you actually have sufficient funds "locked down" to generate the required monthly income in order to renew.

If you only plan to be in Argentina for one year and can, as artisan suggests, "nail it now" that would be the best course of action.

Of course you also might be considering citizenship and, after (almost) one year you might be able to initiate that process (on your own with the DNI?). . If that's the case, I suggest you find which court(s) will allow you to start the process after one year (just before your temporary residency expires) and be sure to be living in one of those jurisdictions (so they will accept your certificado de domicilio)..

I agree with that, you can start it from anywhere, but the invoice for the Arg criminal report drops on you as soon as you pay the Arg$6000 with large letters saying 24 HORAS, which I took to mean the clock is ticking.

Well, then I would like to "withdraw" my PS and suggest starting the process with Argentine migraciones in Argentina, after you have all of the docs ready.

Back