Rentista Residency - Argentina Citizenship

mfada

Registered
I wanted to ask if I obtained Rentista Residency after 2 years am I qualified to apply for Argentina citizenship? and do I have to pay taxes on Retista residency during the 2 years?

Citizenship has no relationship with legal residency.
I can be wrong, but I sense that there is some connection. For instance, all the citizens can legally reside in the country.

I think we've established that to obtain citizenship one has to live here for two years. And the best way to live here for two years is to obtain a residency (Rentista, Pensionista, or whatever category one can apply under).

After the first twelve months of Rentista residency, one becomes an Argentine tax resident, and therefore, among other taxes, liable to pay an annual wealth tax of up to 2.25% of the value of the asset generating the rental income.

I think we've established that to obtain citizenship one has to live here for two years. And the best way to live here for two years is to obtain a residency (Rentista, Pensionista, or whatever category one can apply under).

After the first twelve months of Rentista residency, one becomes an Argentine tax resident, and therefore, among other taxes, liable to pay an annual wealth tax of up to 2.25% of the value of the asset generating the rental income.

Supposedly, you can live there for 2 years semi illegally by overstaying your tourist visa. And while you're overstaying if you don't have a DNI you don't have a way to pay taxes even if you wanted to

Supposedly, you can live there for 2 years semi illegally by overstaying your tourist visa. And while you're overstaying if you don't have a DNI you don't have a way to pay taxes even if you wanted to
But I think if you overstay here for 2-years semi illegally it will not count as legal residency toward citizenship no?

But I think if you overstay here for 2-years semi illegally it will not count as legal residency toward citizenship no?

As BC2 posted...

Legal residency granted by migraciones is not a requirement for citizenship for a foreigner.

Miggractiones has nothing to do with the citizenship process.

The "residency" requirement ifor citizenship is two years of physical presence in the country and, according to BC2, it does not have to be uninterruped.

Seven months per year (according to him) is the minimum amount of time that is required to meet the physical presence requirement,

Last edited:
I can be wrong, but I sense that there is some connection. For instance, all the citizens can legally reside in the country.
I am sure you are correct.

Perhaps BC2 should have included the words "for foreigners" after the word "citizenship" in his post.

Perhaps he didn't think it was necessary given the context of the thread, but it would have been helpful if he had provided even a slightly more detailed explaination. 🤠

As BC2 posted...

Legal residency granted by migraciones is not a requirement for citizenship for a foreigner.

Miggractiones has nothing to do with the citizenship process.

The "residency" requirement ifor citizenship is two years of physical presence in the country and, according to BC2, it does not have to be uninterruped.

Seven months per year (according to him) is the minimum amount of time that is required to meet the physical presence requirement,
Thanks for the reply but as per the Argentina citizenship roles one of the requirements when applying is to prove that Have 2 years of uninterrupted and documented residence in the country, certified by the National Directorate of Migrations (See attached) Can you explain more about how I can stay here 2 years as a foreigner without a documents residency and still can apply for Citizenship after 2 years?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 17.33.51.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 17.33.51.png
    175.4 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for the reply but as per the Argentina citizenship roles one of the requirements when applying is to prove that Have 2 years of uninterrupted and documented residence in the country, certified by the National Directorate of Migrations (See attached) Can you explain more about how I can stay here 2 years as a foreigner without a documents residency and still can apply for Citizenship after 2 years?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 17.33.51.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 17.33.51.png
    175.4 KB · Views: 5
Back