Rentista Visa From Rents Collected in 2019

zalayeta

Registered
Hi Guys,

I want to apply for Rentista Visa, i have apartments which i could earn 1500 USD per month, which is more than 30,000 Pesos at this moment, so could any one tell me if this is ok? beside the rental contract, should i provide my bank account or thats enough?

I tried to make application by myself from https://pagos.dnm.gov.ar/tramite_online/index/index.php
there are some questions i want to ask your guys for help.
1 that ask me to put my address in argentina, which means i must to rent a house for provide address or i can ask somebody to use there address, which be some documents or check up with the location later?
2 in the next steps, they ask me if I need a Priority reservation, does any one knows about this ? this means i can get my appointment very soon?

3 do i need to upload any documents or just wait for they send me email to office after i make the pago from there website?
should i must stay in Argentina for start the application? (now i am in CDMX) or i just need to arrive BsAs when they call me for appointment.

4 could anybody suggest some good lawyer or independent who is good with the rentista visa case? I saw the old topics steve suggest one lady call Patricia, but I couldnt found her contact :(

thanks guy

I want to apply for Rentista Visa, i have apartments which i could earn 1500 USD per month, which is more than 30,000 Pesos at this moment, so could any one tell me if this is ok? beside the rental contract, should i provide my bank account or thats enough?

The monthly income requirement will undoubtedly increase soon, perhaps as much as triple, regardless of how immigrant friendly the new administration is. It might get easier to apply for the visa rentista in the next six months and perhaps know (with some degree of certainty?) if bank statements and a copy of the rental contract will be accepted as "proof" of your income.

I tried to make application by myself from https://pagos.dnm.gov.ar/tramite_online/index/index.php
there are some questions i want to ask your guys for help.

I suggest you read through these topics:

Temporary Residency application using the Radex website

RaDEx the online residency application platform for Argentina

4 could anybody suggest some good lawyer or independent who is good with the rentista visa case? I saw the old topics steve suggest one lady call Patricia, but I couldnt found her contact

You shouldn't need a lawyer to get temporary residency. Patricia is not a lawyer. In prior years she has accompanied several of us to the immigration office to act as a friendly translator. There's no reason to contact her until you actually have an appointment.

The monthly income requirement will undoubtedly increase soon, perhaps as much as triple, regardless of how immigrant friendly the new administration is. It might get easier to apply for the visa rentista in the next six months and perhaps know (with some degree of certainty?) if bank statements and a copy of the rental contract will be accepted as "proof" of your income.

I suggest you read through these topics:

Temporary Residency application using the Radex website

RaDEx the online residency application platform for Argentina

You shouldn't need a lawyer to get temporary residency. Patricia is not a lawyer. In prior years she has accompanied several of us to the immigration office to act as a friendly translator. There's no reason to contact her until you actually have an appointment.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply, very clearly and helpful!!!

last 3 questions

1 i already have permanate residency from Paraguay( not passport) so could I make the application as Mercosur citizen, it will be easier? or still Non Mercosur way?

2, Do you know how fast the 10,000 Pesos express cita? and after I submit all my dcouments in webiste RADEX and make interview later? Could I leave argentina immeditely? if i chose accpet they send me DNI by mail, so i even dont need go back to argentina for pick it up?

3, after the first issue of the 12 months DNI, Do I need to stay Argentina phycially some days or some month in the first year for matain qualified for renew the rentista visa? or no living requirment, i just need tocome back before expire and prove my rental income again in nex year when make the renew?

thanks!!!

hi steve, one more question :) should I make my house deed, my rental contract and my bank account statements legalized by the argentinan embassy from my country? Or i just need to bring them to BsAs, find a qulified translator to make translation and legalization for me? Mucho gracias!!!

you have to stay in argentina for 6 months in each of the first 3 years that require a renewal of the temporary residence ( 6 months start from the date your first DNI is issued ), after that you apply for a change of category to permanent and once you have a permanent residence you have to spend at leas ta day every two years in argentina in order to keep it. You also have to be in Argentina to start the RADEX application. most of the questions you ask here are answered on the internet - google migraciones . The extra 10K might shorten your wait for a turno from 90 days to about 30, but don't expect it next day.

1 i already have permanate residency from Paraguay( not passport) so could I make the application as Mercosur citizen, it will be easier? or still Non Mercosur way?

Having permanent residency in Paraguay doesn't make you a Mercosur citizen and your permanent residency there won't make any difference to Argentine migraciones.

2, Do you know how fast the 10,000 Pesos express cita? and after I submit all my dcouments in webiste RADEX and make interview later? Could I leave argentina immeditely? if i chose accpet they send me DNI by mail, so i even dont need go back to argentina for pick it up?

I believe you must actually be in Argentina to start the RADEX process and you may need to have the Argentine criminal report before then.

Based on a post by Fiscal, if you leave Argentina the process with be suspended until you return.

Your DNI will not be sent to another country.

3, after the first issue of the 12 months DNI, Do I need to stay Argentina phycially some days or some month in the first year for matain qualified for renew the rentista visa? or no living requirment, i just need tocome back before expire and prove my rental income again in nex year when make the renew?

As "another" wrote, you must be present in Argentina at least 180 days (not sure of the exact number) of the year to be able to renew temporary residency.

Yes, you will have to prove your rental income (again) to qualify for a renewal.

Also, based on a post by a member of this forum who recently renewed his/her visa rentista, migraciones now requires that the required monthly income be transferred to a bank in Argentina. If you don't comply with this requirement, they might not renew your visa.

I suggest you ask an accountant if that income is subject to taxation in Argentina.

Perhaps you would only have to transfer the funds to Argentina during the months you are actually in Argentina, but you may have to (or be responsible to) pay taxes in Argentina on the rental income for the entire year.

PS: Given the fact that you already have permanent residency in Paraguay and don't appear to have a desire to spend much time in Argentina, and, assuming you don't have a burning desire to pay tax on your foreign rental income in Argentina, I wonder what benefit you could possibly derive from having temporary residency here...unless the ultimate goal is to have permanent residency in Argentina...

Last edited:
should I make my house deed, my rental contract and my bank account statements legalized by the argentinan embassy from my country?

If your country is not a signatory of the Hague agreement the answer is yes. If it is, then your documents should have the Apostille.

They should be legalized by the Argentine Embassy or receive the Apostille before you bring them to Argentina.

Or i just need to bring them to BsAs, find a qulified translator to make translation and legalization for me?

You must have them translated in Argentina and then have the translations "legalized" here.

Permanent residency of another country evidence that you are not a resident of Argentina.

If your country is not a signatory of the Hague agreement the answer is yes. If it is, then your documents should have the Apostille.

Apostille is issued only for documents originally issued by state/federal agencies.
They won't issue apostille for rental contract or bank statements

Apostille is issued only for documents originally issued by state/federal agencies.
They won't issue apostille for rental contract or bank statements
From my own experience I know that any document that has a notarized signature can receive the apostille.

The Secretary of States of Illinois issued the apostille for a copy of my irrevocable trust which had a cover letter signed by the lawyer who drafted it.

I also provided migraciones with a letter (with the bank letterhead) that was signed by an officer of my bank that verified the deposits from the trust into my checking account (without attaching any bank statements).

The signature of the bank officer was notarized and the Secretary of State of Illinois issued the apostille for the letter.

Both documents were accepted by migraciones when I applied for temporary residency.

I only provided an update of the letter (always notarized and with the apostille) from the bank officer for the first two renewals and the cambio from temporary to permanent on the third anniversary.

I did not need updates of the letter from the lawyer as the trust was irrevocable. .

Back