Rentista Visa - Specific Questions

Brent7777

Registered
I am planning to apply for my Rentista visa here in Argentina, and I qualify according to the requirements. I meet the monthly income requirement, which I will demonstrate with copies of monthly bank statements from my U.S. bank (and also will open a bank account here in Argentina if possible as a tourist). I have my apostille birth certificate, got my background check from the federal police here, etc. The one thing that I am missing is the background check from the FBI, which requires sending the FBI the completed fingerprint card. I am here in Buenos Aires, which makes this a little difficult. I downloaded the fingerprint form from the FBI website, which the US Embassy said to do. However, I have read that the FBI has rejected some fingerprints done on a normal piece of paper, and that some US citizens have got an actual FBI fingerprint card from the Embassy. I emailed the Embassy several days ago, with no response, big surprise.

Does anyone have any specific advise on how to get the actual FBI fingerprint card, and where to get the fingerprints done here in BA?

Thanks!

I read the post, but I am trying to find out how to get the FBI fingerprint cards from the Embassy... who do I contact, or where do I go? Thanks!

I don't want to get fingerprints done on a normal piece of paper and have them rejected by the FBI... thanks.

Hi Brent. It sounds like you're well prepared! You have to go to the US Embassy (don't forget your passport) to get an official fingerprinting card. I'd recommend getting at least a couple extras just in case. All you have to do is show up at the Embassy and let them know what you want, and they'll point you in the right direction. As long as you show up before they close you'll have no problems. Just check the embassy website for their hours. Best of luck!

you call always call the US Number for American Citizens in BA. (11) 5777-4873. They will probably tell you the phone is for emergencies but screw them :- ) .. seems you are a taxpayer like myself so let them earn their wages LOL!

Brent7777 said:
I am planning to apply for my Rentista visa here in Argentina, and I qualify according to the requirements. I meet the monthly income requirement, which I will demonstrate with copies of monthly bank statements from my U.S. bank (and also will open a bank account here in Argentina if possible as a tourist).
Thanks!

Bank statements alone will not be sufficient for the rentista visa. You need to have a pension, retirement fund or other passive income stream. This cannot be from a job. You will need an apostiled and translated letter from your accountant, bank or other financial advisor attesting to this.

I will second what Sleuth said.
When I went for the rentista visa they asked for a copy of the contract with my tenants and a copy of the title deeds. The contract needs to be current and cover you for the year ahead. Both need to be apostilled. For some reason it did not seem to matter how much, or if, you have a mortgage on the property....which does infact defeat the object, but never mind.
This was all a year or so ago, but I would guess it still follows the same format. If you get it right first time round you have done very well.

Chaz said:
I will second what Sleuth said.
When I went for the rentista visa they asked for a copy of the contract with my tenants and a copy of the title deeds. The contract needs to be current and cover you for the year ahead. Both need to be apostilled. For some reason it did not seem to matter how much, or if, you have a mortgage on the property....which does infact defeat the object, but never mind.
This was all a year or so ago, but I would guess it still follows the same format. If you get it right first time round you have done very well.
This actually reminds me of my days as a mortgage banker (15 years!) when people would try to qualify for new loans using rental income however the mortgage payment on their property pretty much wiped out any possibility of extra income from rental payments. However here in Argentina, the way they handle things, they have NO idea on how to calculate a Debt to income ratio.

Back