Replacing a lost British passport

RachinBA

Registered
Has anyone had experience with this? I see online that the British Embassy in BA no longer replaces these and I need to apply to Washington? I guess I need to get a police report here? Anyone who has gone through this, would be great to hear your experience. Thanks!

Contact the consular section if you need an emergency travel document ie - you are going homw within the next 14 days or so

Otherwise its the Washington option - we used it last year to get a passport for our son and it works failry well - you send all the stuff to Washington and the passport comes back from the UK. Took about three weeks but the time varies depending on when you apply.

You must have a police report filed.

carry a photocopy of your lost passport

Carry at least one more form of id with you.

Book a appointment at the embassy

Be patient. Avoid international travel for a month or so.

be ready to answer some probing queries.

I have no plans to travel out of the country and I have my residency here so a bit of a wait is fine Filed a police report today.

@Ceviche, I didn't think I was going to have to go to the embassy at all? Probing queries? Like what, sounds scary!

Don't worry Rach - straight forward police report should be fine - our government still trust us......

glasgowjohn said:
Don't worry Rach - straight forward police report should be fine - our government still trust us......

Yeah but we dont trust them

I understand (from a few years ago) applying for replacement passport is straightforward but takes time - if you need to travel back to UK then can get papers for travel from the Embassy. Happens all the time to the chavs who turn up at Alicante airport with hangovers and no wallet/passports

But then issue of returning to Argentina and where to have replacement passport posted

PhilinBSAS said:
we dont trust them

YouGov poll reported in the Independent "surveyed more than 5,000 adults throughout Great Britain in January this year. It asked how well or badly people thought Parliament was doing its job.

The YouGov pollsters asked which were the features of Britain's political system that were liked the most and which were liked the least. Just over a third of the respondents couldn't think of anything worthy of praise.

The rest of the findings were dire. Over half the sample (53 per cent) was critical of the quality of our politicians. And there was (and is) a widespread belief that politicians tell lies. Some 62 per cent of respondents agreed that "politicians tell lies all the time – you can't believe a word they say". Peter Kellner, president of YouGov, saw the results, he gave this warning: "What emerges is a picture of massive discontent that goes far beyond a dislike of particular politicians, parties and policies."

No YouGov in Argentina

Back