Request - can anyone bring something over from the UK?

dustyjeeves

Registered
Hi there.

I'm new to this forum and only just arrived in Buenos Aires a week ago. I'm not sure if this request is in contravention of the rules and regs of this forum, but I'm pretty desperate so thought I'd give it a try. I'm in the city for a few months to work, but had a very unfortunate accident and broke my most important hard drive in transit while moving into my apartment a few days ago. I took it to a technician who was recommended on this forum and he has pronounced it unsalvageable. I have a backup in London but have heard bad things about sending items by mail to Argentina - long delays and huge additional charges levied in customs, as well as possibly being forced to pick up parcels from the airport. So I was wondering if anyone here knew anyone who will soon be coming to BA from London? If so, I would be happy to pay decently for them to bring my hard drive over with them in person. I understand that this sounds like a potentially iffy request, but I am a musician and have all my projects and sound libraries on this drive so it is of paramount importance to me - I cannot work without it. If not, perhaps someone could recommend the most reliable way of posting it? Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Theo

There is no big problems in shippings stuff here, but you have to do it right.
They can ship it to you parcel post via regular air mail (the cheapest way) or by DHL,etc.
If you mail it via regular mail make sure yo insure for some value, this way it will not get lost or stolen since everybody has to sign for it.
The parcels are not picket at the airport but at the Correo Internacional office just across Retiro train station. At the most you will pay 50% duties, but if you cry long enough they might let you go for free.

Back