Residencia Help! 3 Yrs Here & Cant Find Way To Be Permanent

alc4y27

Registered
Please help guys! I have been here 3 years and have a temporary DNI which expires in March of 2015. My job ends in December and I go to USA to visit my family whom I havent seen in3yrs for a month. i was told that without a work contract I cannot apply for permanent residency. Does anyone know if an immigration lawyer who could help or a way around this? can I claim I am rentista and can support myself. i dont want to throw away those 3 years I have here and want desperately to get my permanent status. Any help would be most appreaciated!

I have a visa rentista but am not sure how much you have to make today in order to qualify since I got mine years ago. A lot of BAexpat members have used Dr. Rubilar to get their visas. His name on the forum is bajo-cero2.

I think Dr Rubilar specializes in getting citizenship for people in your position, not necessarily residence.

As someone else mentioned on the forum recently, your best bet for continued residency, which may lead to permanent residency, might be some sort of school-related track.

Otherwise, being here three years, and legally, I'm betting that you might be able to go the citizenship route with less problems than many Dr. Rubilar has helped, but I'd let him answer that himself.

You might want to look at citizenship. It's not an impossible process, though it does sound involved.

You're finishing your third year of residency? IIRC (and things may have changed), you are eligible to switch it to permanent after 3 years of temp residency. Why not just enroll in school as a stop gap prior to your DNI expiring and then apply to switch your status to permanent resident?

You may be able to qualify for rentista. I agree it'd be a shame to throw out those years of residency. I just applied for my permanent residency after three years as rentista. I've been using immigration lawyer Mariano Monteverde, 15-5108-0817. He speaks English also. Good luck!

Back