Residencia Precaria And Dni Query...

sailaway

Registered
Hi all, I am new to the forum and this is my first post...(i did post this in ExPat forum earlier but perhaps its better placed here)..

I was hoping for some advice or guidance on my current situation...I am British citizen and have been living in BAires for 9 months.

I have, (after 9 long months of gathering documents) two weeks ago received my Residencia Precaria certificate at the Migraciones centre in Retiro, and was advised that the DNI card would follow within 3 months, but for now I was legally able to work.

I have been employed by a small private firm in BAires and they have patiently waited for me to be ready to start, which I will, in the coming days.

I have however recently spoken to a friend/future colleague from the UK, who last year applied and received his residency, and he left a significant seed of doubt in my mind.

Whilst discussing the process of collecting and submitting the required documents, he mentioned he had submitted an ACPO police certificate as his UK background check. I however submitted a Disclosure Scotland Basic check, (as google led me there earlier in the year) which was then signed/stamped and later legalized by the Foreign and Commonwealth office. As I since understand the ACPO document is much more in-depth in terms of the background history it covers...

I am now concerned that my document is not the correct one and may trip-up the processing of my DNI. Although part of me says that if it was all checked in the Migraciones office in Retiro is it effectively approved/accepted...(?)

My question/concern is if I will in fact receive my DNI within 3 months or if I will have to re-start the process, which i not something i would like to broach with my employer as they have waited patiently for me until now...

Please please let me know if anyone has any wisdom to share!

Many thanks in advance.

There will be no problem. You will get your DNI within 3 months just chill...

Should be fine, they would have stopped you submitting if they didn't accept the document. My letter from the Irish police (as they haven't anything as formal) just said Mr XYZ has been in Dublin for however many years without being an nuisance...or words to that effect.

Once they are stamped, translated then accepted you are fine. Your little plastic card will be on it's way...i got mine in just under 2 months last year.

Should be fine, they would have stopped you submitting if they didn't accept the document. My letter from the Irish police (as they haven't anything as formal) just said Mr XYZ has been in Dublin for however many years without being an nuisance...or words to that effect.

Once they are stamped, translated then accepted you are fine. Your little plastic card will be on it's way...i got mine in just under 2 months last year.

thats what I assumed but had read on some forums recently that people had been summoned to the office to collect the card, and had been informed of an issue, although the case(s) were more regarding marriage/birth details...

i am cocerned that later down the line it will be flagged up, aside from the fact its Disclosure "Scotland" that may confuse them..(I have always lived in London)

hopefully im worrying about nothing but at the same time i want to relax finally and focus on my new work....

You will be picking it up at the OCA. They won't have any comment, merely will just hand it over. Migraciones at Antartida are thorough enough from my experience. They are almost happy to find a problem! I would be fairly confident your grand.

Back