Residency or Immigration info

charlewar

Registered
What exactly is a penales antcedentes? Do I need to have Interpol and/or FBI provide data too even though I've been in Argentina most of the past 6 -1/2 years?

They require a criminal record for every country you have lived for more than one year during the last three years.

http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible/indexN.php?nomercosur_temporaria

- CERTIFICADO QUE ACREDITE FEHACIENTEMENTE QUE NO REGISTRA CONDENAS ANTERIORES NI PROCESOS PENALES EN TRÁMITE emitidos por las autoridades competentes de los países donde haya residido por un plazo superior a UN (1) año, durante el transcurso de los últimos TRES (3) años. Solo exigible a mayores de 16 (dieciséis) años.

What exactly is a penales antcedentes?

As I previous wrote in my reply to your previous question about the penales antecedentes:

Can anyone tell me what (pardon my Spanish) "penales antecedents" are? I've been told to have local police run one on me but am a little uncomfortable with police doing anything for me here.

The Certificado de Antecedentes Penales (CAP) is a document in electronic format issued by the National Registry of Recidivism that certifies that you do not have criminal records or pending charges in Argentina.

It's necessary to get the report before you can make an online turno to submit your paperwork to migraciones. You won't be dealing with the police you see in the street and you won't have to go the a police station to get the report.

You can see what you need to bring (passport, photocopy, receipt for payment, completed form) and how to get your turno here: https://www.argentina.gob.ar/solicitar-certificado-de-antecedentes-penales

And in case you don't remember my answer to this post:

As always, I appreciate your insight. I'll go to the link but saw somewhere you needed to have fingerprints taken for the penales entecedents.

Here it is again:

They'll take your fingerprints (electronically) when you go to get the report. It's part of the process.

Last edited:
They require a criminal record for every country you have lived for more than one year during the last three years.

In other words, if you have been in the USA or any other country for less than 365 days in the past three years (as of the date you submit the paperwork for your temporary residency), you should not have to provide a report from the FBI or Interpol.

PS: Migraciones will closely scrutinize your passport to see where you have been living and for how long. That's why they want photocopies of every page, including the blank ones.

Last edited:
Hello guys,
If someone lives in Huinca Renando, Cordoba, in which office of immigration should he apply for Residency? Also, do I need a turno to go to the civil registry to regy the birth of a bewborn? Is there a specific Civil registry for each hospital? My wife is planning on giving birth at the Hospital Allende but we are still waiting for approval of her insurance, if we don't have it on time, she will give birth at the Hospital Universario de la Martenidad y Neonatal, which civil registry corresponds to these hospitals? Is there a 30 waiting days to get a turno to register the baby as well?
I only have 2 weeks to apply for Residency for the child's parents, his birth certificate and passport...Any shortcut? We are okay paying extra to get things quickly.

Hello guys,
If someone lives in Huinca Renando, Cordoba, in which office of immigration should he apply for Residency? Also, do I need a turno to go to the civil registry to regy the birth of a bewborn? Is there a specific Civil registry for each hospital? My wife is planning on giving birth at the Hospital Allende but we are still waiting for approval of her insurance, if we don't have it on time, she will give birth at the Hospital Universario de la Martenidad y Neonatal, which civil registry corresponds to these hospitals? Is there a 30 waiting days to get a turno to register the baby as well?
I only have 2 weeks to apply for Residency for the child's parents, his birth certificate and passport...Any shortcut? We are okay paying extra to get things quickly.

I cannot provide answers here but no doubt some others here can respond.

In other words, if you have been in the USA or any other country for less than 365 days in the past three years (as of the date you submit the paperwork for your temporary residency), you should not have to provide a report from the FBI or Interpol.

PS: Migraciones will closely scrutinize your passport to see where you have been living and for how long. That's why they want photocopies of every page, including the blank ones.

You are correct, I have read your posts before. I appreciate your comments.

Hello guys,

I don’t think you can have the passport for the baby on time. For maling the birth certificate you have to schedule an appointment at the citihall, not always very close in time. You can apply and your wife, or your wife on behalf of you, but she will have to stay longer. Do not forget to do a travel permit for the baby or she is not going to be able to leave the coubtry with him/her.

Back