Residency through marriage WITHOUT valid tourist visa

EDC

Registered
Since getting married I let my tourist visa expire but have finally collected all the papers together and am ready to apply for my residency and DNI. Has anybody had experience of getting this without the tourist visa? I was thinking it could be worth a shot to save a trip to Uruguay but maybe that's just wishful thinking...

Apologies for an rather uninspired visa post but if anyone can shed some light on this, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

My tourist visa extension was expired when I submitted my application this past July for permanent residency due to my very recent marriage. It was no problem. I was told that I would not be required to return to my country (U.S.A) due to the expiration of my tourist visa. And from what I have read in these forums trips to Uruguay don't solve the trouble of an expired tourist visa.

EDC said:
Since getting married I let my tourist visa expire but have finally collected all the papers together and am ready to apply for my residency and DNI. Has anybody had experience of getting this without the tourist visa? I was thinking it could be worth a shot to save a trip to Uruguay but maybe that's just wishful thinking...

Apologies for an rather uninspired visa post but if anyone can shed some light on this, it would be much appreciated. Thanks
I do not really understand your question can you be a bit more exact on what you want to know.. I personally have been here for 2 years doing the Colone thing back and forth and just got married this August my visa expired last August a year ago. I am also in the process of applying for residency.. Just finished the fingerprints and now need to send to Canada and wait 4 months well they can take up to 120 days to receive them from the RCMP uff!!!

Back