Resident Pensioner Income

intercultural

Registered
Searching for real-life stories:
1.It looks to me from this--http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible/?tramitacion_temporaria
as if a pensioner must arrange to have the pension received
in Argentina, supposedly in a bank. (Check the part about "revenue collection.")
Is that anyone's experience? I have seen other statements
that seem to say you must just show you have enough income (i.e., you could receive it overseas
and take it out of an ATM in pesos, for example.)
2. Also, what happens if your money is in a savings or brokerage account, and/or you do not have
pension income from an employer or international org. to meet the requirements? Any experience
with this? Will they consider validation that the money is there, even if not from the specific
pension source?
In other words, if you don't meet these criteria, is your only option to apply for some other
category of residency?
Gracias!

I had been planning on doing this once I received my pension but no longer.

My understanding is that yes, it must be auto drafted to an Argie bank. and must meet a certain amount (if memory serves my right it was like just over $2k USD.

The problem now is that sometime last Fall the government chose to "help" you by seizing the bad Euro or Dollars and automatically converting them into your account as pesos-at the government rate-not dollar blue. Currently with the wide deviation between official dollar and blue dollar, that would be a poor investment.

Back