Resource for finding Temporary Apartments

During five visits (1996-1998) and 23 years living in CABA, my only resource for finding temporary or permanent housing was tango friends.

Use your network of personal friends and neighbors who always know someone who has a place to rent.

What would be considered the best strategy with regards to somebody coming to Buenos Aires for 3 months but is still fairly unfamiliar with the city?

I was thinking of getting a 2-4 week rental on Airbnb in Palermo/Villa Crespo/Collegiales/Belgrado/Núñez to begin with and then try and look for a cheaper property on zonaprop for the remaining 2 months.

The price of quality temporary rentals on Airbnb in Buenos Aires in September-October seems very high compared to the cost of living and season, and while it’s incomparable to London, I’d rather not pay over the odds unnecessarily

You can also place an ad on Fb your budget and what you expect and take the time to have a look to properties .....

What would be considered the best strategy with regards to somebody coming to Buenos Aires for 3 months but is still fairly unfamiliar with the city?

I was thinking of getting a 2-4 week rental on Airbnb in Palermo/Villa Crespo/Collegiales/Belgrado/Núñez to begin with and then try and look for a cheaper property on zonaprop for the remaining 2 months.

The price of quality temporary rentals on Airbnb in Buenos Aires in September-October seems very high compared to the cost of living and season, and while it’s incomparable to London, I’d rather not pay over the odds unnecessarily
Getting a place initially for 4 weeks or so is a good plan, you'll need this much time to familiarize yourself with the city. But I don't think you'd have much luck on Zonaprop or any of the other listings sites (4rentargentina.com, alternativaprop.com, inmuebles.adinco.net, etc.) for just a 2 month stay. Maybe better to take the hit on Airbnb, you'll get a discount anyway for 3 months.

Yes Airbnb but have a look to the flat I show mine though is forbiden but I prefer a happy guest and someone who knows the place and the owner.

Let’s not forget the old Craigslist BA page. It has a whole section on housing in BA.
It might be worth a peek.
I have found diamonds on Craigslist in the past but its a shadow of what once was. Years ago here there could be page after page of flats to rent. You might find as few as eight or ten a day now. Sometimes less.

Let’s not forget the old Craigslist BA page. It has a whole section on housing in BA.
It might be worth a peek.

My experiences with Craigslist here in BsAs have been strongly negative. Everyone I dealt with was trying to rip me off.

I just checked Cooper's link above, and the prices they are asking are insane. 750-900 USD a month for an apartment is nutso

Last edited:
Back