Restaurant name? Sushi place opened by former Osaka chef

Sleuth

Registered
Does anyone know the name of the relatively new sushi place opened up by a former Osaka chef? I think it is close to Osaka in Palermo Hollywood too.

Thanks...

Sleuth said:
Does anyone know the name of the relatively new sushi place opened up by a former Osaka chef? I think it is close to Osaka in Palermo Hollywood too.

Thanks...

Sipan was opened by the former owner of Osaka but not the chef. It's not in Hollywood so, you probably don't want that one. They are opening one next to Casa Cruz.

So maybe you mean Paru?
http://www.paru.com.ar/

sgarlow said:
Thoughts on Paru? How does it compare to Osaka?

I liked Paru a lot though I've only been once. I'd say it compares well to Osaka, which is saying a lot as Osaka is one of my favs here.

sgarlow said:
Thoughts on Paru? How does it compare to Osaka?

I've been to Paru once. The food was spectacular. The ceviche was the most tender ceviche I've ever had. (In Abasto sometimes the ceviche has the consistency of chunks of car tire.) It's a bit expensive for my budget, but for 4 items, a bottle of wine (~$110 in November of last year), and tip, it was ~AR$500. For several people on here, that's not too bad.

The decor isn't nearly as over-the-top as Osaka (another place "I've been once"), but depending on what you're going for (food vs. decor), that might be ok.

The thing about sushi is that the ingredients count for 99% of the dish and in Buenos Aires you're just not going to get good ingredients. The seafood selection in the south Atlantic is not great, and Argentinian freezing techniques are primitive, which is why so much fish here tastes like cardboard.

Osaka is opening soon a new location here in Puerto Madero, by the Faena Arts center. Looking forward to trying it out.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm definitely going on Tuesday. Can't wait to try it. The menu was mouth watering.

Back