Restaurant Recommendation..

dirtyauzzie

Registered
Hey

Does anybody have a fun restaurant recommendaton for a birthday dinner? I had originally wanted to go to Casa Mun or Paladar but they are both booked out.

I'd like a restaurant with lots of energy and good food and not a general restaurant that you would go to on any given day of the week.

Any suggestions?

Mangiata in Caballito! haha. I love this place, and no one ever takes me up on my recommendation to go. It's bien de barrio typical Argie fare but oh-so-good, fresh. Angel Gallardo and Valentin Virasoro. You'll have to wait if you go after 8pm any day of the week pretty much. Not sure if they do reservations...

La Cabrera for good food and good energy. The restaurant in the Hotel Fierro has good, interesting food but it's small and was not crowded when we were there so can't speak to energy. Tomo, Bella Italia.

I second Cocina Sunae... Excellent food and a really cosy atmosphere. I think you have to book a couple of days in advance though because it's only open three days a week. They put the weeks menu online a few days before.
I was also really impressed with the Vineria de Gualterio Bolivar - low key atmosphere but amazing food...

tez said:
Mangiata in Caballito! haha. I love this place, and no one ever takes me up on my recommendation to go. It's bien de barrio typical Argie fare but oh-so-good, fresh. Angel Gallardo and Valentin Virasoro. You'll have to wait if you go after 8pm any day of the week pretty much. Not sure if they do reservations...

We have been many times as this "chain" offers unbeatable value..the best being in Ale Ale with an all you can eat and outstanding salad bar plus foot, drink etc for 44.60 pesos...never disappoints for quality..quantity is by the by.

dirtyauzzie said:
Hey

Does anybody have a fun restaurant recommendaton for a birthday dinner? I had originally wanted to go to Casa Mun or Paladar but they are both booked out.

I'd like a restaurant with lots of energy and good food and not a general restaurant that you would go to on any given day of the week.

Any suggestions?

Valparaíso Cocina Chilena, Nicaragua 6078, Buenos Aires

Food is authentic Chileano and barely an expat in site amongst the chattering locals..great atmosphere, excellent food and REAL (La Cabrera is lovely but so touristy )

A really good tapas place is "de olivas i Lustres on gorriti 3972
We went for my friends bday and the birthday girl doens't pay which was worth 100 pesos and she 2 bottles of wine + some homemade food! It was amazing just make sure you say its a Bday when you make the reservation

Back