Restaurant Reviews - Higher End

chris

Registered
What quality restaurants do people recommend? Sotto Voce used to be one of my favorites but I haven't been in ages. Have no idea about current prices. I prefer Recoleta - Centro - Puerto Madero. Please indicate prices for two people including a bottle of decent wine. Thanks

1. Chila (closed at the moment for a move down the street, reopening soon). ~$1250 (a year ago)
2. Hernan Gipponi Restaurant ~$750 ( a month ago)
3. tomo 1 - quality has suffered in the last couple years. $660 (promotional prix fixe) - ~$1200 (tasting / a la carte)
3. Elena - only been once, not enough to really get a sense of the menu beyond what I ordered but if its all as good as what i had, then adios tomo uno! ~$1000

No one dares mention the Price for a dinner for 2 with wine. :D Best guess $900 with tips :eek: ( conservative)
  • Main course $200, appetizer $50, dessert $60, coffee $20 = $330 x 2 = $660
  • Wine $120 , water $40 = $160
  • Tips = $80
  • Total =$ 900.... :eek: :eek:

:eek:

La Bourgogne

Anyone know what Sotto Voce charges these days?

No one dares mention the Price for a dinner for 2 with wine. :D Best guess $900 with tips :eek: ( conservative)
  • Tips = $80

La Bourgogne
the food at la bourgogne is not nearly as good as the people who price the menu at la bourgogne think it is.

the food at la bourgogne is not nearly as good as the people who price the menu at la bourgogne think it is.

Well its an "Argentine Menu" :D

The prices are sort of general not necessarily taken from the La Bourgogne Menu.

Well its an "Argentine Menu" :D

The prices are sort of general not necessarily taken from the La Bourgogne Menu.

This was my impression of La Bourgogne a number of years ago. I don't think BA attracts top chefs. It's not like New York where the best chefs from all over the world can command top salaries and there is a large, demanding high end clientele. I've always been disappointed at attempts at French cooking in Argentina. Better to stick with a good parilla or a few reliable Italian restaurants.

• Tips = $80

La Bourgogne

Still no ONE ventures PRICES for a dinner for 2 , afraid of Moreno??? :rolleyes:

Back