Restaurante Desnivel (San Telmo)

Uncle Dermot

Registered
Has anybody been to this restaurant lately?
http://www.frommers.com/destinations/buenosaires/D55850.html
I was there 5 years ago and a fantastic pizza a la piedra (I am Italian, so I know what I am talking about :rolleyes:). Anyway one of my students told me that they serve pretty good meat there, but I am much more interested in the pizza! Any reviews from the expats community?
Also: I found out thru a website of Italian expats that there is an original Neapolitan pizzeria on Costa Rica 5826, I need to check it out soon!

That place used server excellent beef and was very cheap. Now it is a tourist trap. Pizza there? I would not risk it, but if you want, go for it and let us know how it went :)

Didn't have a pizza over there and would not be brave enough to order. Their specialty is definitely everything what comes from the grill, so order that. And keep your eyes on your wallet. I had a little mishap over there.

On a Saturday afternoon I was having lunch with five Argentine men at the semi circle at the bottom of the stairs (near the end of the parilla). There was a long table at the end of the espresso bar that created a bottleneck to the front door. A man had snatched a purse from a table further back in the restaurant. As the perp got to the narrow opening he was tackled from behind and one of my friends that weighs about 250 pounds simply placed his foot in the small of the perp's back and held him there until the police arrived (20 minutes later).

It was a great floor show.

steveinbsas said:
On a Saturday afternoon I was having lunch with five Argentine men at the semi circle at the bottom of the stairs (near the end of the parilla). There was a long table at the end of the espresso bar that created a bottleneck to the front door. A man had snatched a purse from a table further back in the restaurant. As the perp got to the narrow opening he was tackled from behind and one of my friends that weighs about 250 pounds simply placed his foot in the small of the perp's back and held him there until the police arrived (20 minutes later).

It was a great floor show.

Score 1 for the good guys!!

I lived next door to Des Nivel for a month...love the choripan, empanadas, chimichurri, salsas, OF COURSE BEEF, but never tried the pizza...nor did it ever cross my mind. There is a delicious pizza spot about 5 doors down from Des Nivel (towards Independencia) can't remember the name...but it's a hole in the wall spot that has been around for close to 100 years or something absurd.

I've eaten at Desnivel a few times. It's quite good. But if you go on the weekend it's full of tourists. On the week days there aren't so many tourists but rather people who work around the area.

Anyway, I haven't had the pizza there. But if you want pizza a la parilla, you could try Morelia. It's really good.

I'm not Italian but I play one on TV.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Food and Drink 34
W Food and Drink 1
Back