Restaurants To Avoid

teschowv

Registered
La Cabrera is a well-known steak house in town with -- until recently -- exceptional reviews on Trip Advisor. We'd gone in December, and decided to go one last time for a final dinner before heading back to Canada this week.

I would like to recommend AVOIDING THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE -- unless you want to *get* the plague, that is: While the food is still good, the side orders now include rusty nails and a helping of serious attitude!!! No kidding! Read the full story here: http://homeschooling4.weebly.com/1/post/2014/05/sawing-logs-and-chewing-iron-the-underbelly-of-south-american-travel-part-two.html

It happened to us just last night!

A horror story? Really? Wow! Other than the nail, this sounds like a GOOD experience for BA standards. Sure the waiter had no tact asking for a tip but it's not a big deal.

I don't really get it. You got a nail in the salad and stayed and kept eating??
Not really surprising the management didn't know what to do, I bet no one ever stayed and kept eating after such a thing.

I eat at least once a month in la cabrera and have no problems...highly recommend to all newbies in BA.

In my last visit, I rejected a 250 peso wine after having a glass. It was not charged to me and I was allowed to get another wine.

My guests from worldwide countries, whom I have taken there, have simply loved it.

Ï've been there many times as well. Touristy and pricey - yes, but an excellent to place to take guests. Never had a bad experience, and the deserts are probably the best in Buenos Aires.

the same here only great experiences and go there often

I eat at least once a month in la cabrera and have no problems...highly recommend to all newbies in BA.

In my last visit, I reject a 250 peso wine after having a glass. It was not charged to me and I was allowed to get another wine.

My guests from worldwide countries, whom I have taken there, have simply loved it.

And that is why waiters hate foreigners. Maybe I missed the part in the story where the waiter did something wrong before you determined you were not tipping him?

Huh, she bit a nail in the salad but waited for the stake...If would have been me, as soon finding a nail, have called the manager and scolded him and told him, we are leaving. END....Poor waiter, he deserved tip for his time !

Back