Resume Photo

sketchyblueeyes

Registered
Hi All!

So I'm in serious job hunt mode, but I am so clueless as to how to do this whole picture on resume thing.

Clearly a snapshot is probably not the best, but should it be very professionally done? Or more like a passport photo? And should I go for hair down, pretty attractive lady? Or hair up, long sleeves, very professional chick?

And does anyone know where I could go to get a picture taken that is nice but not crazy expensive?

i went to a kodak shop,had foto,s taken,asked for 16 and stuck them on my CV,s......best of luck..ps professional fotos would be better,in my opinion

I don't think you need to pay to have this professionally done. From my impression, the picture you put on your resume should be like a passport photo (just your head and shoulders with a plain background). I'm not sure why exactly you'd need a professional to do this.

Set up a digital camera on a table and stand up against a plain white wall. Use the timer function and take as many as you want until you're satisfied with one. Then you can just upload it to your computer and add it to the top of your resume.

As far as what to wear, unfortunately, I think it has to do with what kind of job you're applying for. If it's a waitress/hostess job, a more casual look might be better. Others can correct me about this if I'm wrong.

I agree passport picture type. Some people are even just printing the cv out with the picture at the top right hand side.

I am a professional photographer.
I will PM you and we can discuss your budget and other details.
Amelia

Do people still put pictures on resumes? I always thought it was unprofessional, but maybe it's a common practice down here. Well, that and I've been out of the market for quite some time now...

Whatever the case, good luck!!

Back