Returning To Argentina With An Expired Precaria

charlottej

Registered
Hi everyone, i'm looking for a bit of advice. My Precaria expired on the 25th January and I am returning next week to BsAs from the UK. Before I left in early December I asked at migraciones if they would extend it so it wouldn't expire while i'm away. The lady at migraciones told me that the system has changed and you can now renew the Precaria online, so i should do that a couple of days beforehand. I followed her advice and of course it didn't work so now I have an expired precaria and can't get a hold of anyone helpful at migraciones. I had my passport stamped on the way out with the expiry date of the precaria, i'm wondering if I am going to encounter any problems entering again. I'm assuming I can enter as a tourist and then head down to migraciones to renew the precaria.... or will i have to start this process over. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :D

Does that mean I could actually get refused entry? I have with me a letter from the University stating that I am enrolled on a programme until December 2015. If I have to start the paperwork again then so be it but i'd hate to be turned around and denied entry. I overstayed before i eventually obtained the precaria due to not having the correct paperwork for the university. I've not had the best luck recently so your message makes me anxious...

I bet if you explain this at migraciones you will get in. Do you speak Spanish? Make sure you bring proof with you that you are enrolled, and if need be you may have to enter as tourist.

I would explain the situation when entering Argentina with all the paperwork to proof your situation. Also you mention that extending your precaria online did not work. Did you get some kind of error message or anything? Then I would take a printout of that error page with you.

Back