rhubarb

Georginar

Registered
Hi!
I was wondering if any of you has any idea where they might sell rhubarb, I want to bake some strawberry/rhubarb pie, but I can't seem to find any -.-:mad:

It's not here, unfortunately. I asked around awhile back, and Dan of Casa Saltshaker once told me the following:
"A very small amount of rhubarb makes it into the consumer market when in season (late spring I think, probably end of November-ish) - and I do mean a very small amount - I think I've probably, over the last four years, seen a total of about 2 kilos, and that might be a generous estimate. Most of what makes it up from Patagonia goes straight to restaurants that have already contracted for it."

I keep meaning to try to smuggle some in with me when I travel and then freeze it, but never ended up doing it. I miss rhubarb so much.

Post deleted, motive: irrelevant, the OP living faraway from area.

They sell it in Disco, not at this moment though. I don't really know when the season is, but they usually have a lot. I love it too and buy it a very often.

I have only ever seen rhubarb in Patagoina....where it was fairly easy to get, which probably doesnt help you much unless you know someone who travels their often. If you do find it let me know as I love Rhubarb crumble.

Lucas said:
Link: DULCES, CONSERVAS Y LICORES ARTESANALES

Barrio: LAGO PUELO, El Bolson
Fecha de publicación: Marzo 22
Teléfono: 02944 498056

Hacemos dulces, licores y conservas con los frutos de nuestra chacra organica. Como los hacia la abuela. Sin Conservantes. Dulces de Frambuesa, frutillas, ruibarbo (rhubarb), grosellas, durazno, manzanas, sauco, rosa mosqueta, guindas, jalea de membrillo, jalea de manzanas y cerezas.

Unfortunately, this place is in Patagonia:(

Katti--are you sure you saw/bought rhubarb in Disco? If they sold it in the produce section of Disco, it'd be sold all over the city, esp. because Disco produce doesn't really sell anything special. I've been here since 2006 and haven't ever seen any--though I did see something like looked like rhubarb before, but it wasn't. Of course, I want to believe what you say is true!

yes, very sure, but not at this time. I don't know if it has to be spring or summer, but at some time, they have it.

I bought it and I ate it, so I am quite sure it's rhebarb!

Will let you know when I see it again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Food and Drink 12
Back