Ria Requires Service Factura For Trasfers To Argentine Banks

steveinbsas

Registered
Edit: Of course the word "Trasfers" in the title of the thread should be "Transfers" but it is not possible to edit the title.

Argenper, the Argentine partner of RIA Money Transfer Service is now requiring the recipient of an incoming transfer that is to be deposited in an Argentine bank to provide a recent factura (bill) for electricity, water, or a land phone line in their name before they will make the deposit.

This won't be a problem for a permanent resident who owns property or has a long term lease and has the utilities in their name, but I imagine there are a few permanent residents who don't have either. Perhaps it is possible to pick up the cash in person without one, but I haven't tried to do that. I don't know if an ABL or ARBA factura would be accepted as it's not a service. It would be interesting to know if a bill from a cable TV or internet service provide would be acceptable.

Two or three months ago XOOM's online form for transfers to Argentine banks stopped asking for the account number and now require the CBU (anyone who has an Argentine bank account has a CBU). As previously noted in other threads, they also require the constancia of the CUIL/CUIT (easily accessed online from the ANSES website).

I have learned from experience that after a transfer has been initiated and then delayed, it is best to send the requested document(s) directly to Argenper or MOREARGENTINA (XOOM's Argentine partner.

Ria/Argenper also takes a certificado de domicilio. We happened to move June 1st. They requested the new information June 2nd (initiated the request on the Friday May 29th)...for a factura de servicio or the certificado. Fortunately, we had done one shortly before the move. We just emailed it over. (They actually made the deposit before went sent it). So that should do the trick, unless the process has changed again in the last 10-12 days.

EDIT: And YES!!! Definitely work directly with MORE or Argenper if your transfer is delayed. I preemptively email them to confirm whether they might need something. In the case of Ria/Argenper I always email the declaracion jurada (sworn statement regarding the origination of the funds) prior to them requesting it. It seems to shave a day or two off of the deposit time.

Edit: Of course the word "Trasfers" in the title of the thread should be "Transfers" but it is not possible to edit the title.

Argenper, the Argentine partner of RIA Money Transfer Service is now requiring the recipient of an incoming transfer that is to be deposited in an Argentine bank to provide a recent factura (bill) for electricity, water, or a land phone line in their name before they will make the deposit.

This won't be a problem for a permanent resident who owns property or has a long term lease and has the utilities in their name, but I imagine there are a few permanent residents who don't have either. Perhaps it is possible to pick up the cash in person without one, but I haven't tried to do that. I don't know if an ABL or ARBA factura would be accepted as it's not a service. It would be interesting to know if a bill from a cable TV or internet service provide would be acceptable.

Two or three months ago XOOM's online form for transfers to Argentine banks stopped asking for the account number and now require the CBU (anyone who has an Argentine bank account has a CBU). As previously noted in other threads, they also require the constancia of the CUIL/CUIT (easily accessed online from the ANSES website).

I have learned from experience that after a transfer has been initiated and then delayed, it is best to send the requested document(s) directly to Argenper or MOREARGENTINA (XOOM's Argentine partner.
Steve : Thanks, this is good info. BUT, really, who wants to put up with this shit. Day in and day out. Endless ball breaking, the place grinds on you until you thimk this is normal.

Steve : Thanks, this is good info. BUT, really, who wants to put up with this shit. Day in and day out. Endless ball breaking, the place grinds on you until you thimk this is normal.

I'm appalled at how many Argentines, including family members, consider it perfectly normal.

The email from RIA's Argentine partner made it clear this was a one time request for the factura for a service in my name. However, it is worth noting that a new declaration jurada is now required each month that the total transfers exceed $5000 pesos. That can be done in a few minutes by filling out and sending a photo of the form.

I would hardly call this endless ball breaking and if women can do it without balls what do men have while about? Sending one or two forms by email once in a while requires very little effort. Remember the old days of going to a Western Union office to send or receive money? RIA and XOOM offer a great alternative to the almost impossible task of using a bank in the US to make a transfer to an Argentine bank at a budget breaking official exchange rate

This morning I sent a PDF of the CUIL of an Argentine friend of mine to XOOM's partner to "comply" with a one time request for that number. It took about two minutes to access the ANSES website, enter the data, and download the PDF. It took less than a minute to attach the form to an email and send it to XOOM's partner.

The transfer, which was initiated this morning, was completed this afternoon. That means money that was in my US bank this morning was in my friend's Argentine bank this afternoon.

Next month all I'll have to do is log on to XOOM's website, where all the information is stored, and tell them how much to send. That will take less than two minutes.

I am happy to accept this as normal. It really beats going to the bank in either the US or Argentina.

I have a question regarding monthly transfers of U.S. Dollars (USD) from my U.S. bank account to an Argentine (peso) bank account. I am a U.S. citizen and an Argentine Permanent Resident. If I have declared this monthly income (USD) to AFIP and I need to use the resulting pesos to justify my living expenses to AFIP, then I think that I must provide my U.S. bank with the routing/transfer information for my Argentine bank account and the U.S. bank will initiate the transfer. The USD will pass through the Argentine Central Bank, be converted to pesos at the official rate of the day and resulting pesos will be transferred to my Argentine peso denominated account. Is this correct? Does anyone have experience with this? The way I understand it is I would not be able to use Xoom or a similar service to get a better exchange rate, because I thought that all USD entering Argentina ("legally") must pass through the Central Bank. For instance, If I report USD 100 I can not justify spending $1200 pesos on food, I could only justify spending (depositing) $900 pesos. I did a search on the Forum but did not find this specific situation/question. Any advice input would be appreciated.

The way I understand it is I would not be able to use Xoom or a similar service to get a better exchange rate, because I thought that all USD entering Argentina ("legally") must pass through the Central Bank.

When you use XOOM you are not sending USD to or receiving USD in Argentina. You will have exchanged your dollars for pesos outside of Argentina. Only pesos are entering Argentina. XOOM's Argentine partner (RECLAMOSMORE) is not involved in any way with the foreign currency exchange, so dollars do not "pass through the Central Bank." The transfers are in compliance with all applicable laws.

The income you declare to AFIP must be expressed in pesos. Both you and AFIP will have a precise record of the total in pesos from the total of the amount received in Argentina, whether the funds are deposited into an Argentine bank account or you pick them up in person.

Report on a Ria transfer today.

940am: Sent USD1000.
1115am: Emailed DNI, certificate of domicile and the declaracion jurada prior to Argenper's request.
100pm: Checked my bank account. Funds were already posted...not sure the hour but somewhere between 1115am and 1pm.

I have never had it post same day. Next business day was the record. I had to change a few items on the receiving end. New address and new DNI number. I thought that could cause a problem-evidently not.

Rate

Ria Today: 13.818 (+10 USD fee)
Xoom: 12.83 (+ USD30 fee) A whole peso less than Ria.
Average Blue: 14.80
My Guy: 14.50 to 14.60 (But I pay 2-4% of the dollar amount and then exchange plus it's USD20 to wire).

At the end of the day, using local connection was virtually identical this time, but Ria is an easier process (if I have no dollars on hand) and my accountant bills invoices my payments from the US so it's en blanco.

Back