Ricotta Cheese And Whole Dried Full Red Chilli Pepper

Ceviche

Registered
Guys,

Where can I get these two items?

Are they available in Jumbo, especially the cheese?

Cottage cheese, A.K.A. queso cotage is nearly impossible to find. I used to eat in the States with pineapple but I've never seen it here even once. Red pepper flakes are also hard to find. Sometimes you can find them El Gato Negro on Av. Corrientes.

Cottage cheese, A.K.A. queso cotage is nearly impossible to find. I used to eat in the States with pineapple but I've never seen it here even once. Red pepper flakes are also hard to find. Sometimes you can find them El Gato Negro on Av. Corrientes.

Disco used to have cottage Cheese. Jumbo should have it in their international section. I have never had to much difficulty finding Cottage Cheese. Ricotta can be found almost anywhere- just try your local Chinese supermarket. You can use Ricotta to sub in for Cottage Cheese in recipes basically if you can't find Cottage cheese. Not sure where to find red pepper flakes.

These two products are very easy to find. Ricotta cheese at any supermarket, look in the fridges where they have the cream cheese and milk. It comes either in a jar or plastic bag and in different textures. Chilli pepper is aji molido, look where the spices are. Now when are you inviting me over for lunch?

Red pepper flakes are fairly common, but not chilli flakes alas. There is a grinder with a chilli and pepper mix which you can pick up in most supermarkets called 'Inferno'...however it's about as hot as an Irish summer.

These two products are very easy to find. Ricotta cheese at any supermarket, look in the fridges where they have the cream cheese and milk. It comes either in a jar or plastic bag and in different textures. Chilli pepper is aji molido, look where the spices are. Now when are you inviting me over for lunch?

Aji mojido is really just dried red pepper, I am fairly certain it's not far enough up the Scoville Scale for him! I have yet to see the cottage cheese in fairness. Are you sure you aren't confusing it with cream cheese (Finlandia etc) which is different.

Will be glad to be wrong as I wouldn't mind to get my hands on some.

Ricotta is in every supermarket and most chinos.

Whole dried chiles are found in some dieteticas and some supermarkets (Disco, Jumbo, carrefour I think, but never seen in coto) and definitely in barrio chino (casa china on arribeños and asia oriental on mendoza for sure)

Aji mojido is really just dried red pepper, I am fairly certain it's not far enough up the Scoville Scale for him! I have yet to see the cottage cheese in fairness. Are you sure you aren't confusing it with cream cheese (Finlandia etc) which is different.

Will be glad to be wrong as I wouldn't mind to get my hands on some.

He asked for Ricotta cheese :)

Aji mojido is really just dried red pepper, I am fairly certain it's not far enough up the Scoville Scale for him!

You are right, it is not really hot - although Argentine will say it is very hot lol. Buy any dried peppers, if you spot one of those Bolivian/Peruvian women selling veggies out in the street - usually close to supermarkets - they have them. There is a woman selling a nice variety of dried peppers and other goodies on the corner of Coto Abasto.

Back