"Right to work" in Argentina

Skigirl26

Registered
Hi! I am planning to work in BA for a few weeks. My company has stated that I need to verify that as a non-Argentine national / resident, I am allowed to work there. Does anyone know where I might find that information? Are there tax implication that I need to be aware of?

Hi! I am planning to work in BA for a few weeks. My company has stated that I need to verify that as a non-Argentine national / resident, I am allowed to work there. Does anyone know where I might find that information? Are there tax implication that I need to be aware of?
As long as you're not working for an Argentine company you're fine for several months even since you'll be a tourist.

As a random foreigner (e.g. no special category like Mercosur), you have no right to work here. As Quilombo says, you can fly under the RADAR on a 90-day tourist visa and nobody will be any the wiser, or care very much either. You didn't supply very much information, but why would your company care? Or know? Just pack a laptop and a VPN and off you go.

You will not be able to provide any evidence to your company of this because you won't have the right to work. That doesn't mean you can't, you can and no one will care. But your company seems to want some sort of document? Impossible.

i don't think there's a legal framework nationally for what you're describing. you can certainly get a work visa for argentina but its not going to be easy, cheap, or convenient (for you or your business).

You mean like working online/remotely for your company based aboard while you are physically in ARG and being paid abroad? If that's the case then sure, as long as it's fewer than 183 in a year it's OK.

You mean like working online/remotely for your company based aboard while you are physically in ARG and being paid abroad? If that's the case then sure, as long as it's fewer than 183 in a year it's OK.
No.
You are entitle to work. Read art. 20 of the National Constitution. Just show them it translated.
However, art. 55 of the immigration law bans to be hired here but this is not your case (there are fines for the local employer).
If you want to covered (or they) apply for a commercial visa.

No.
You are entitle to work. Read art. 20 of the National Constitution.
Section 20. - Foreigners enjoy within the territory of the Nation all the civil rights of citizens; they may exercise their industry, trade and profession; own real property, buy and sell it; navigate the rivers and coasts; practice freely their religion; make wills and marry under the laws. They are not obliged to accept citizenship nor to pay extraordinary compulsory taxes. They may obtain naturalization papers residing two uninterrupted years in the Nation; but the authorities may shorten this term in favor of those so requesting it, alleging and proving services rendered to the Republic.

Back