Rights Of Tenant In Owners Meetings

BankNote

Registered
Good day everyone.

I have a 2 year lease with my landlord who lives abroad and is a foreign citizen

All is well except one thing.

The owners meet in these meetings "asemblias extraordinarias" and take extraordinary decisions. These decisions affect my life as I live in the building. I have requested the owner to allow me attend the meeting on his behalf and cast a vote on his behalf. He is very skeptical about it!

Do I have any legal rights?

The apartment is without furniture. And I pay all bills, buildimg expenses, ABL etc

Please tell me my legal rights to attend such meetings and cast a vote!

Many thanks in advance

Good day everyone.

I have a 2 year lease with my landlord who lives abroad and is a foreign citizen

All is well except one thing.

The owners meet in these meetings "asemblias extraordinarias" and take extraordinary decisions. These decisions affect my life as I live in the building. I have requested the owner to allow me attend the meeting on his behalf and cast a vote on his behalf. He is very skeptical about it!

Do I have any legal rights?

The apartment is without furniture. And I pay all bills, buildimg expenses, ABL etc

Please tell me my legal rights to attend such meetings and cast a vote!

Many thanks in advance

Unless he chooses to give you a power to do it, you have no say or vote. And it is legal. Sorry :(

Thanks!

Even if lot of decisions are taken basis the "monies" received via buildimg expenses and involves on how to spend them? I am the one paying the building expenses!

Thanks!

Even if lot of decisions are taken basis the "monies" received via buildimg expenses and involves on how to spend them? I am the one paying the building expenses!

Tenants usually pay " expensas ordinarias " that money is used to pay for regular maintenance ( salaries, gas, electricity, cleaning stuff, etc ) sometimes you get " expensas extraordinarias " and that money is used for improvements or things that are not related to routine maintenance ( change the elevators cabin, paint the outside of the building, renew the building's entrance, etc ) yupically expensas extraordinarias are on the landlord and it is these expenses what is usually debated during asambleas or reuniones de consorcio ( those meetings )

This is unfortunately true. I don't see why your landlord is skeptical about it. It is not like he is giving you power of attorney!
It is just a vote in a building meeting. It doesn't give you any right on the property or else.

I don't see why your landlord is skeptical about it. It is not like he is giving you power of attorney!
It is just a vote in a building meeting. It doesn't give you any right on the property or else.

Exactly Serafina! I am glad you could understand it. he said to me, something to the effect -

Go to the meetings. report to me what hapened in the meetings and tell me what you want. If I ( owner) agrees to your viewpoint you can cast the vote else no.

basically implying, he wants to give me no rights and wants to be in "control" of the "vote" though he has never ever lived in the building or will ever live here as its a investment property.

Tenants usually pay " expensas ordinarias " that money is used to pay for regular maintenance ( salaries, gas, electricity, cleaning stuff, etc ) sometimes you get " expensas extraordinarias " and that money is used for improvements or things that are not related to routine maintenance ( change the elevators cabin, paint the outside of the building, renew the building's entrance, etc ) yupically expensas extraordinarias are on the landlord and it is these expenses what is usually debated during asambleas or reuniones de consorcio ( those meetings )

Not always! Sometimes they decide on how the money ( from building expenses) will be spent etc ; duties of electricians etc as well as enacting new laws regarding various issues.

Back