Robbery at my store - Av. Triunvirato 3883 Villa Urquiza

Davidglen77

Registered
Last friday night, July 2nd at 8:45PM my store in Villa Urquiza was robbed at gunpoint. It wasn't violent but was scary for the people that were shopping in my store at the time. Here's a link to the surveillance video on You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypn-gjCETr4

Whoa, very scary, the quality of your surveillance camera is very good. I assume you reported this to the police, how long did it take them to respond, were they responsive? The reason I ask as I know of other robberies where people reporting them were treated as the problem not the perpetrators. Let us know if they ever catch these guys.

The police were at my store within a few minutes of the incident and I went to the police station to make a formal report. They were responsive and professional and hopefully we can get better police protection as they now have robbed about 6 shops on this same block in the past few weeks.

they seemed pretty calm... would you call that professional?
Also, did they take some stuff from the shop that they wanted? (presents for the wife?!)

thanks for sharing it with us. I buy and sell books and other book dealers have told me stories of people ringing saying they have books to sell and when you get to the house/apartment you are met with armed thieves. The two people i know who had personal experiences said all was calm, no violence, you hand over the money and thats it...

i'm glad it didn't get violent and nobody got hurt. I hope those a**holes get what they deserve

I'm so sorry this happened to you:( Glad you are okay.

Did the one guy tell the customers in the store to sit down at the table?

They did seem very calm and like it was no big deal. I hope the police catch the SOBs.

One of the guys had the customers that were in the store sit down. The guys were well dressed, calm and at the end of the incident, when they were about to leave they guy in the striped shirt asked me "Tenés Dom Perignon?", I responded "No, pero tengo Baron B", the guy grabbed 2 bottles of Baron B, brought them to me at the counter, told me to give him a bag, took the bag with the champagne and left. These guys were obviously professional, clean cut, nice clothes and a had very expensive semi-automatic pistol.

That's just horrible man. You should make flyers with their pictures on them and pass them around to the businesses in your neighborhood.

I'm glad no one got hurt, you did the right thing by not trying to resist.

I don't understand why people keep saying they weren't violent when the robbers are pointing a semi automatic gun at you, that's f*cking violent to me, I once was robbed at gunpoint, 9 years ago, til this day I remember the guy's face, walking towards me and pointing a gun at me, god damn

I think by " violent " people are referring to the fact that the armed robbers didn't actually physically assault anyone and the violence was only implied. But you are right, pointing a gun at someone, threatening to kill them and then robbing them is definitely violent.

Back