Roho - Hair Salon

ellbee

Registered
This place kicks major ass.

I went to Cerini - didn't like my haircut. I felt like they wanted my money (of course) and wanted to get you outta there as soon as possible.
They ruined my bangs so I had to go home and fix them/cut 'em.

At Roho, they sit down and ask you what you want to do with your hair. They take their time to make you look amazing.

Leandro cut my hair and also added some awesome red highlights. When he said "red", I actually thought I would end up looking like Rihanna but boy, was I wrong. It looks slick, stylish and very hip.

I recommend this place to men or women looking to get a decent hair cut in Buenos Aires. Its pricy for BA standards but its worth it. :cool:

(ask for Leandro. He's a good stylist).

Uh thanks so much, i was just needing a new haircut and just like you, i went to get one here in ba to Pino, and i said just cut 2 cms, and honestly he did like 10 or 12. Terrible.

Anyways, thanks for the tip. :)

I love Roho! I've had about 5 cuts there and they are always hot! Not to mention the stylists are beautiful and charming men. Pricey for BA but these cuts would go for $300 in the USA!

I had a horrible experience with them: never again

Sorry to hear that, but was it the cut or the customer service that sucked?

I had a good cut at Roho, but got bad color. I hate that it's so hard to make an appointment with a given stylist and they want to just give you to whoever is available (in general, in all the salons here). Getting a haircut here is like playing russian roulette... ok, maybe slight less dire consequences, but it's bad. And expensive. I can't justify paying the high prices for inconsisten results. I decided to grow my hair long, haven't had a haircut in over a year (do need a trim!) and cut my own bangs/fringe. Ryan the Canadian hairstylist was the only one who I ever was a repeat customer with. He does great color.

Had similar trouble at Javier Luna. Fab cut, but a newby did the highlights & they didn't take. Sat there like a lemon for hours...

I've been meaning to post about my hairstylist for a while, and this has reminded me to do it!

My hair and I have a very good relationship, and I get a cut about every 6-8 weeks, so I've traveled through my fair share of hair salons all around the world. Whenever the thought enters my head to leave BA (usually put there by someone else), one of my first thoughts goes to Pablo and how I will miss his haircuts! I've been going to him for about a year now (or, about 7 haircuts).

He's recently changed salons and he now works at Cool Cuts, on Marcelo T. Alvear 1978 (4815-9579). I never have any problem getting an appointment with Pablo, in fact sometimes they offer me the same day. He also attends a domicilio on Saturdays, PM for his private number or email address.

A few things to know about Pablo: he's a bit of a jerk, and it will feel like he doesn't care who you are but whoever you are you're not very important. At least that's how I usually feel. That said, he does amazing cuts. You can either tell him specifically what you want and he will do it exactly as you say, or give him a rough idea and he will do sort of what you said and a little of whatever he thinks is best. I always recommend being verrry specific with hairstylists. I don't color my hair so I can't say, but I have seen some of his clients walk away and they always looks beautiful and very happy. Men and women. He just seems to be one of those people who knows hair, punto.

Oh yeah: he doesn't speak English. I've gotten haircuts in other countries where I don't speak the English and what I do is have a local write the main points on paper and I give it to the stylists. I think this would work perfect with Pablo.

Don't be deterred by his cocky attitude, it's just the way he is, but his cuts are great. Also, he's a cutie! Wash & cut costs about 90 pesos at the salon.

tez said:
Oh yeah: he doesn't speak English. I've gotten haircuts in other countries where I don't speak the English and what I do is have a local write the main points on paper and I give it to the stylists. I think this would work perfect with Pablo.

Another idea would be to bring your iPhone/iPod Touch with pictures of how you like your hair. I cannot even explain how I want my hair cut in English (my native tongue), so this is usually how I do it with someone that isn't familiar with my style.

I avoid stylists here in Argentina all together. I've had two haircuts, and both times I came out looking like Joe Dirt. Thus, I tend to find stylists here from Europe or the United States. Although not in Buenos Aires at the moment, Nina and Buenos Aires Hair plan on returning this winter. I've always been satisfied with her cuts.

Back