Rosario info?

I just spent a few days in Rosario and I wanted to share that i found it a pleasant city to spend a few days. Buenos Aires, simply put, is a monster and there are no good monsters. Its overwhelming, its too much, especially things like noise and pollution.
Rosario seemed very livable. not too big, walkable. the streets didnt seemed choked with traffic, the busses were noticably quieter and somewhat cleaner (although the price was higher). People were friendlier and more approachable, yet the portenos are perhaps the most difficult and cold people i have ever met.
there is a nice beach north of town. Even along the river, close to the central commercial area, the riverbank is quiet and there is a view of the green islands and delta across the river.
There are several websites such as www.rosario.gov.ar and when you arrive at the bus station, there was a tourist information window that gave me maps etc. There is also a train, a nice one im told, that runs from BA twice a week and is cheaper than the bus (which was 44.50).
So consider Rosario as a place to visit, a getaway, as well as an alternative to BA as a place to live.

Back