Running shoes?!

T*Minney

Registered
Hello Fellow Expats,

Does anyone know if there are any shops around where I can buy good running shoes? I'm not talking about the Nike or Puma stores, but stores that carry brands such as New Balance, Mizuno, or Saucony, preferably in the Palermo area, but I'll go anywhere! Thanks so much!!!!

Mizuno and Brooks (my running shoe brands) are not in Argentina. Not sure about Saucony, but haven't seen it.

Haven't seen any of those brands in BA. Pretty much what you can get here is Reebok, Nike, Puma and Adidas. There are others like Fila but NOT that popular. There are some other Brazillian brands, like Olimpycus (or something in those lines) but won't recommend them as I have no experience with those. New Balance (my brand of choice) is a hit or miss, some stores carry'em but not in all numbers/models and those that do have them usually only carry models from older seasons.

I'd recommend you to check Cordoba & Scalabrini Ortiz. Both Fila and Adidas have outlets right there in opposite corners. Not a block from there (walking down on Cordoba) you have a Nike Outlet and in front a Stock multi-brand outlet.

I'm afraid there is nothing like some of the specialty stores you would find in the US, where you will get shoe recommendations based on your foot/step... you will have to go by guts/experience.

Happy hunting.

joeteixido said:
I'd recommend you to check Cordoba & Scalabrini Ortiz. Both Fila and Adidas have outlet right there in opposite corners. Not a block from there (walking on Cordoba) you have a Nike Outlet and in front a Stock multi-brand outlet.

That is the Stock Centers I listed above.

My running shoe of choice is ASICS.

BEST OPTION:
I actually found the latest edition of the "2#30" when I was looking back in 2008 at a store on Santa Fe between ~Montevideo & Callao. It was around where Nike, adidas, & Puma all have stores on Santa Fe in Barrio Norte just past Callao as you head towards 9 de Julio.

It was on the NORTH SIDE of Santa Fe.
It was on the LEFT SIDE of Santa Fe as you are going with traffic.
It was on the ODD NUMBERED side of Santa Fe.

(Whichever one of those helps you figure out which side it's on, use that.)

It was a small store that I believe had a black entrance. The shoes were about 120% of the cost of a pair in the USA.

That was the best "Running Shoe" store that I have found.

2nd Best Option:
There was also a running shoe store on Córdoba around Uruguay to Rodriguez Peña.

It was on the SOUTH SIDE of Córdoba.
It was on the LEFT SIDE of Córdoba as you are going with traffic.
It was on the EVEN NUMBERED side of Córdoba.

They definitely had New Balance back in '08 and a few lower end ASICS shoes. They had some other running stuff as well, but I know what I want and they didn't have the ASICS that I was looking for.

i've got a pair of asics running shoes size 5 US - unused
you won't find the variety of running shoes you find in UK (or US I imagine) - not in buenos aires
i understand club de corredores have a shop in Av. Monroe near Figueroa Alcorta - google them and you'll find the exact address. having said that, they probably only store 1 or 2 brands and just as many models.

OSK carry Asics and Saucony, I was in their store in Alto Avellaneda, and they had the Gel Nimbus 10 at 949 pesos - WOW!!!! It's two modeal old, and way dearer than even in Ireland..... I do believe that the Clun de Corrdores shop does have an extensive range, but personally, I wait till I head home to see family, and stock up.

Mizuno and Saucony can even be found in small provincial towns like General Roca, Rio Negro; latest brands. For sure you'll find something in BA.
In Patagonia (San Martin de los Andes, Bariloche) lots of outdoor shops have an amazing range of brands/models on offer.
but you might end with trail running shoes, and get addicted ;)
happy running

Back