Russian Nuclear Reactors And Military Bases In Argentina

With all the foreign interests in Patagonia (Western ones), this will make many happy.

Cristina knows what's best. Russian military bases. Splendid idea.

Mrs. Kirchner has accused Western leaders of hypocrisy over Crimea: She said they refused to acknowledge the result of a referendum in Crimea, in which people voted to join Russia, but they did not complain about a similar vote held last year in which residents of a British-controlled archipelago that is claimed by Argentina chose to remain British.

So she acknowledges the referendum in the falklands or she told Putin she didn't recognise the referendum in Crimea? :lol:

Putin and Xtina...both of whom have impeccable reputations for delivering on promises and deals. Thus keeping Argentina on the fast track to nowhere.

I dont think the military bases is good inforrmation. I dont think thats gonna happen. At least not under this government.
I find good to establish relationships with other than traditional powers. I like the US being challanged by other power, I like Argentina having now the Russia card to play, as well as the China card.
Its a world changing, the US no longer controls this area of the world as they did. This was an historic area of influence for the US, their "back yard", they controlled governments for decades, they put dictatorships, killed thousands along the continent.

I celebrate this change. Of course we have to be careful with these new powers. But I rather a multipolar world than one empire everywwhere.

Mr. Putin was very specific in his speech during the meeting with Xtina. He expressed that Russia wants to provide engineering and Equipment for several Hydroelectric and Nuclear Power plants.Nothing wrong with that. However if the projects go out for bids, that are not rigged like the rice sales to Venezuela, perhaps Russia will not be awarded the projects.

Competition is tough in these areas against Korean, Japanese, USA and EU firms, Suppliers of engineering and equipment, with more than half a century of international experience. Question would you trust Russian Nuclear equipment performance and rely on Russian techs and parts available in Argentina. In Nuclear plant design after Chernobyl nuclear plant failure... :eek:

Interesting marketing Strategy by Russian Atomic Energy Federation., Rosatom:

" Using the experience of Chernobyl as a selling point for its current safety measures and crisis management expertise, Russia is also pursuing an ambitious plan to increase sales of Russian-built reactors overseas.[sup][4][/sup] TheVVER-1200pressurised water reactor is the system currently offered for construction, being an evolution of the VVER-1000 with increased power output to about 1200 MWe (gross) and providing additional passive safety features.[sup][5][/sup]

[sup][/sup][sup]RusHydro the second largest Hydroelectric power generating in the world,( Gove[/sup][sup]rnment Owned). Doesn't have agood record either....![/sup]

[sup]" [/sup]On 17 August 2009, an accident occurred at RusHydro's largest plant at Sayano-Shushenskaya in easternSiberia.[sup][6][/sup] The turbine hall and engine room were flooded, the ceiling of the turbine hall collapsed, 9 of 10 turbines were damaged or destroyed, and 75 people were killed.[sup][7][/sup] The entire plant output, totaling 6,400 MW and a significant portion of the supply to the local grid, was lost, leading to widespread power failure in the local area, and forcing all major users such as aluminum smelters to switch to diesel generators.[sup][4][/sup] The plant was restarted at reduced output power on 24 February 2010.[sup][8][/sup]

I dont think the military bases is good inforrmation. I dont think thats gonna happen. At least not under this government.
I find good to establish relationships with other than traditional powers. I like the US being challanged by other power, I like Argentina having now the Russia card to play, as well as the China card.
Its a world changing, the US no longer controls this area of the world as they did. This was an historic area of influence for the US, their "back yard", they controlled governments for decades, they put dictatorships, killed thousands along the continent.

I celebrate this change. Of course we have to be careful with these new powers. But I rather a multipolar world than one empire everywwhere.

For your reference the USA is not a leader in Nuclear and Power plants , Design , Engineering and Construction as well as supply of the equipment. The major suppliers are in Asia, EU and Japan. Its a multipolar industry already...!

Who wants to end up like Venezuela with a major heavy truck manufacturer from Belorussia...!! a nightmare for parts and supplies :mad: a Chavez Project.

But hang on...Putin is going to toss in a free Concordski and a Russian Space Shuttle with each new reactor deal. Used very, very lightly.

Back