Safety

toongeorges

Registered
Hi,

it have been three years since I was last in Buenos Aires (until New Year 2016, Macri was just inaugurated).

I have arranged an apartment in Buenos Aires with someone I know. She asked me how I would get there. I told her that I would order a taxi at taxi Ezeiza at the airport. She told me that this may be unsafe, because the taxi may drive through the slums and people would see from the car I would be a tourist and they would stop us and they would rob all from me and could even kill me. Also I would not know the taxi driver and he may set up a robbery. She advised me to let me drive by a person she knows and trusts.

The apartment is in Caballito and she was telling that the taxi could drive through Villa Soldati and Nueva Pompeya.

What are your comments. Is this grossly exaggerated or has Buenos Aires become more dangerous in the last 3 years?

Last edited:
Just use remis service Transfer Express, located immediately as you come out of customs...costs 1100 pesos..You can use any credit card.

The drivers are well trained ( mostly)

1. Ask the driver to take another route. They're paid by the km/time anyway. Or,

2. Use Uber. Probably will cost under 700 pesos. You have to walk maybe 100 meters farther at Ezeiza to get the Uber, so if you have tons of stuff, it may be more pain that it's worth. Then same as #1 - ask them to drive a certain route.

I always use Taxi Ezezia and have never had a problem. They do not take you through bad neighborhoods. The guy I use at Taxi Ezezia and that's completely reliable is Eduardo. WhatsApp him at +54 9 11 5529 7273. He will be at the airport waiting for you.

Trolls ? and fake news may be a problema.... like saqueos?

Don't listen to this person. I have found Manuel Tienda Leon or any of the 3 remise services, after going through customs are excellent to go to your destination. You pay inside the airport and leave the building accompanied by the driver and walk to the car. I also go to Caballito.

Hi,

it have been three years since I was last in Buenos Aires (until New Year 2016, Macri was just inaugurated).

I have arranged an apartment in Buenos Aires with someone I know. She asked me how I would get there. I told her that I would order a taxi at taxi Ezeiza at the airport. She told me that this may be unsafe, because the taxi may drive through the slums and people would see from the car I would be a tourist and they would stop us and they would rob all from me and could even kill me. Also I would not know the taxi driver and he may set up a robbery. She advised me to let me drive by a person she knows and trusts.

The apartment is in Caballito and she was telling that the taxi could drive through Villa Soldati and Nueva Pompeya.

What are your comments. Is this grossly exaggerated or has Buenos Aires become more dangerous in the last 3 years?

Look, you'll be absolutely fine. Just take the necessary precautions such as; wear a kevlar vest, pack an Uzi 9mm and grenade belt, make the trip at 4am and drive really fast with the lights off...

Back