Samsung Galaxy S3

Gringoboy

Registered
I've been hankering after one of these for ages and the reviews are excellent.
Whilst the iPhone 3g 8Gb has served me well, it is rather limited and time to flog it.
Could be the 'shiny thing syndrome', whatever.
They appear to be made down in Tierra del Fuego and prices are about $4500 and above.
Does anyone have any experience with the S3?
Cheers.

I swear by mine, and recommend making the switch¡

Gringoboy-san, Sumsung made product.? They are the best "reverse engineered copy cats"
I know that you know where the original Apple product is ranked world-wide. Stick with the quality
and the best in the world, unless you are going for the Sumsung for its price.?
I am pretty much a Sony product user but when comes to the cell phones/tablets, the iphones..Apple beats the Sony hands down and also it is also a plus, when the time to replace the devise comes, the Apple products brings a lot of re-sale value! Unlike the Sumsungs or the Sony..
My 2 cents.

Thanks.
I would go for the iPhone 5,but funds don't allow.
Besides, I've never liked iTunes and Apple's closed systems (OS).

I've been hankering after one of these for ages and the reviews are excellent.
Whilst the iPhone 3g 8Gb has served me well, it is rather limited and time to flog it.
Could be the 'shiny thing syndrome', whatever.
They appear to be made down in Tierra del Fuego and prices are about $4500 and above.
Cheers.

I gave up my iPhone 4 6 months ago and switched to a AT&T htc one x. The only Mac I use now regularly is my MBA. I'm selling my htc one soon for a new s4 or the new htc one when I go for vacation in June.

Thanks.
I would go for the iPhone 5,but funds don't allow.
Besides, I've never liked iTunes and Apple's closed systems (OS).
Years a go when AT&T was the only supplier of the initial iphone 3. I was told to go to the Itune
and create an account.? I thought what's for.? So I negleted creating the Itune account but soon realised that without the "Account" I won't be able to get free constant OS upgrades to make the iphone 3 better. Besides, the icloud _back-up_ feature worked wonders when I lost my iphone 3..I thought that all my datas were lost from years of creating: such as the phone contacts, Musics, Photos,email lists, etc.etc. But since I had the Itunes and had backed up all my entire data in the _iclouds_ the datas that supposed lost was recovered in an instance.! So the OS system and its Itunes is OK for me. I still have my iphone 4 S with 64 Gig memory. If you want I can offer to you very "affordable" just let me know. You may not to strech your limited funds too much...What would you say.?

Thanks Hybrid but I've decided to move away from iPhones for a number of reasons.
I'm planning on getting the SIII on Monday, but not on Mercadolibre as there are so many dodgy phones around.
Probably get it at Fravega or similar at Unicentre so that if there are any warranty problems I'd have a better chance of getting it sorted.

I bought mine outside Argentina - so it is made in China. But I am very happy with it. The quality of the camera is good enough to take some decent photos when I don't have my DSLR camera with me. Resolution and quality of the touch screen are pretty good, fast processor, NFC, and tons of Android apps to choose from.

Gringoboy have you looked at some of the alternatives?

Huawei, ZTE and other chinese manufacturers are making some nice android sets out there that are much cheaper unlocked.

http://celulares.mercadolibre.com.ar/huawei/huawei-otros-modelos/huawei-honor2_OrderId_PRICE

The honor 2 is a really good phone and is much cheaper.

Gringoboy have you looked at some of the alternatives?

Huawei, ZTE and other chinese manufacturers are making some nice android sets out there that are much cheaper unlocked.

http://celulares.mer...2_OrderId_PRICE

The honor 2 is a really good phone and is much cheaper.

I think you just sold me on this. I've been debating which smartphone would be best. The Galaxies have the best hardware stats, but they don't justify the price.

And when you look to the middle-class phones, they all are inferior with other flaws.

But this Huawei has the hardware of the Galaxy, with a middle of the line price.

Thanks!

Back