san antonio de areco

BROOKLYN

Registered
has anyone gone there?? im planning to go there for a day trip.;)

Yes. It's cute.

I don't remember when I went. I think it was on a week day in winter and at that time everything was closed during mid day. So either go early, and or have a long lunch.

At the end of the day it's a tourist town & thus it's probably best to go a weekend when things will be open.

we went last year,nice museums,river ,park etc,worth a day trip,but no longer than that,enjoy.....

love it there - one of my fave places. It is small though so depends on what you are looking to do - a day may be more than enough. There is the gaucho museum which is fun for a walk through.

It is famous for the silver. I also bought a lovely piece of art from Miguel Gasparinni (sp?) there - he has a studio there & signed the drawing for me.

A lot of my friends have stayed at Cina Cina there and enjoyed it if you want to do the estancia thing.

I was disappointed. Guess I was expecting an Argentine New Hope. You can go to an estancia for the day - that's worthwhile if you go to a good one like La Bamba but avoid the commercial places where they have dumb shows and announce the nationalities of guests (when I was there everyone applauded the guest countries except when the US was mentioned -- maybe one person applauded.)

I went there for a day trip yesterday. Small town. Everything was closed since it was Sunday. I spent a little time walking around the plazas/park they have next to the river. Then, I paid 50 pesos to enter the "River Club" at the end of the town. Spent the rest of the day hanging out by the crowded pool, and having a picnic. It is a nice place to go and relax. From my apartment in belgrano, it was +/- 115 kms. There was almost no traffic since it was the day after new years, and it took just over an hour to get there.

Moonwitch said:
Is it easy to get to?
here4now said:
jjsto, how do you get there from belgrano??

Take a bus from Retiro bus terminal. There are a few companies that go there. I like Neuva Chevailler.

Back