SAT Tutoring - Advice from teachers?

Nora

Registered
Hi all,

A friend and I are in Buenos Aires on a Princeton in Latin America fellowship to set up and teach an SAT prep course. We just got here a week ago, and are trying to figure things out without much guidance from our US office. We have all course and private tutoring session mapped out and are ready to start on that end, but we are having a hard time breaking into the school systems in BA. Are there any teachers or parents who have experience with the inner workings of the Buenos Aires schools? We would love to get any guidance or advice.

Thanks!

Hi Nora, I think you would want to talk to people who have children in schools like Lincoln or St. Andrews ... I am not sure how much demand there would be for something like SAT tutoring because it doesn´t seem like very many Argentines go to college in the US (at least from what I have seen).

You could talk to this person - Dana who I know does GRE and GMAT prep, looks like they do SAT also on their website. http://www.mrb.com.ar/servicios.html

You could also talk to the Fullbright office in Buenos Aires because they do presentations to high school students about the value of studying in the US, etc and also have a "resource center" at their offices, they might have some tips.

Suerte!

Back