Satruday "La Noche en Vela'' free cultural activities alllllllll night long

Still.Ida

Registered
Hello,

Just thought I would pass this info along, it seems like a great opportunity. I am pasting the link below the description that lists
all of the events by location.

Inspired in Paris' Nuit Blanche, "La Noche en Vela" (Sleepless Night or White Night), that will take place on Saturday March 26, 2011, from 7:00 pm until sunrise in Buenos Aires, will offer a unique opportunity to walk, look, listen, participate, enjoy and rediscover the city in one night through art and culture, in the same way as happens every year in Paris, Madrid, Berlin, St. Petersburg or Toronto.

"La Noche en Vela" will feature over 100 proposals in 60 artistic-cultural meeting points of Buenos Aires. Music, theater, dance, video projections and monumental multimedia installations are the main attractions. In addition, a hundred bars, restaurants and pizzerias in the city will join the party extending their hours and offering special menus.

"La Noche en Vela" will offer the magic of Elena Roger and the excellence of the Moscow Symphony Orchestra at the Obelisk. The folklore of Coplanacu Duo and a tango show in a vertical stage. Monumental light installations at the Obelisk, the Faculty of Law, the Planetarium and other buildings, followed by fireworks. A giant video game and a Digital Zoo on Avenida de Mayo. Theater plays in the Palacio Barolo and the Botanical Garden. A 3D Mapping projection on the entrance of the cemetery of Recoleta. World music in the notable bars of the city. Contemporary dance and experimental music in Plaza Francia. And much more.

All these and many other activities will be free of charge, and will make this an unforgettable night for the Buenos Aires culture, celebrating the creativity of the artists, the diversity of proposals and public participation of all ages.

The hop-on hop-off tourist bus service of Buenos Aires will be available during the "sleepless night". They will depart every half hour from the corner of Florida and Avenida Roque Sáenz Peña.

Highlights of the Sleepless Night:

Elena Roger and The Earth Hour: As part of the sleepless night, the Government of the City of Buenos Aires and Wildlife Foundation adhere to the proposal of Earth Hour, which invites cities across the world to turn off the lights of buildings and iconic landmarks for one hour. In Buenos Aires, he event will start with songs by the extraordinary Argentine artist Elena Roger, at 8.15pm. At 8.30pm, after the countdown, the lights of the public buildings will be switched off and a show of taikos, traditional Japanese drums, will start. Simultaneously, people will be able to see the performance Light Trip (fragments) by the company Babel that uses laser, leds, dances and actors, within a live set of perceptions. At 9.30pm, the event finishes with fireworks.

Moscow Symphony Orchestra: Directed by Argentine Jorge Uliarte, this orchestra will perform pieces from The Swan Lake, The Nutcracker and Eugen Onegin, by Tschaikovsky, together other compositions at 10:00pm at Plaza de la Republica (Obelisco).

Tango vertical stage: At 9:00 pm, singers and musicians Horacio Ferrer, Guillermo Fernández, Pablo Agri, Julián Vat, Valeria Lima, Paula Parrondo, Víctor Nieva, Juan Pablo Navarro and Lautaro Greco will take part in this performance of light, dance and tango in the balconies of the “Casa de la Cultura” (Av. de Mayo 500). As an opera of sensations, the windows will have special lights set with intense colours while artists will perform tangos.

Open air tango and milonga: Starting at 7pm and continuing until 7:00 am, on Corrientes and Callao, street milonga, with lessons, exhibitions and concerts. At 8pm, tango documentary movies; at 10.30pm, a lesson in charge of “Asociación de Maestros, Bailarines y Coreógrafos de Tango Argentino”. María José Demare Quinteto will offer a performance at midnight, and there will be a homage to the milonga masters at 0.40am. Sexteto Milonguero will be on stage at 1am, and at 2am there will a dance exhibition. Los Reyes del Tango will play with the typical style of master Juan D'Arienzo at 2.30am, and one hour later, Mora Godoy will dance, followed by a free milonga. Great closure with a tango breakfast at 5.30am

Saturday, March 26th, 2011, 7:00 pm to Sunday, March 27th, 2011, 7:00 am.
Click here for the complete schedule of activities.

And I wish you all a merry fin de semana largo,
Ida
www.fuelba.blogspot.com

Has anyone been out this evening?

I'm a bit sick, so I doubt that I'll make it out. :-(

But I hope that this is just the first of many events like this. Vamos Macri! (I wish that he were running for Mayor again.)

Sorry to hear that.
Am still out. IT IS GREAT!!! you sure you cant make it???

Did anyone go to Av De Mayo expecting some awesome videogames installation?

Back