Screens

TomAtAlki

Registered
I'm going to need to buy some screens for sliding doors and windows in a couple of weeks. Anyone know of where custom screens can be had? Thanks.

I can't believe that 64 people looked at this and no answers. Doesn't anyone have screen at there house?

Please help. Tom

I don't think that people "do" screens here, unfortunately. At least not in CapFed. I have never lived in a house that had them or seen them for sale. We actually inquired about having a screen door made for us, but it was too expensive. You can basically buy all the supplies yourself, and potentially have someone weld you a frame at one of the ironworking shops around town. There is probably also a screen material available at an Easy type store. Start doing the legwork and I'm sure you'll learn what you need to know, but sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck!

I had a screen at my first apartment so I know they exist, but no idea where they came from. I asked my current landlord if she could install them and her response was it was impossible. Now I know it's not impossible but it's probably expensive, though if it's more expensive than having me run the a/c all the time because my apt bakes in the sun and I can't open the windows much due to the mosquitoes, is anyones guess. If you find any though please repost the info cause if I ever buy a place you can bet I'm gonna put them in!!

GOOD LUCK!!

I grew up in "interior BA" and all windows and our back door had screens... My parents live in Belgrano and have screens on all windows (fixed ones, not "slideable" ones)

I am supposed to be working, but I will look into it later, maybe you can start doing a "Paneles de tela mosquitera/tela mosquera" search...

Please tell us if you find something.

Mercedes

They are becoming more and more popular since people are beginning to realize that spraying Raid in the air that you breathe is not the greatest idea for mosquito control indoors. We had them installed in the mother-in-law's apartment. Most places that do windows and doors will custom make them for you. Early on, I thought of starting a screen making company in Buenos Aires since most homes did not and do not have them.
Warning: having screens made is not cheap.

Thank you all. We will be in town next week and I will try to get screens. I will report back.

How bad are the mosquitos this year?

"We have the enrollables and they are great." Katti, did you have them made and how long did it take? And about how much were they? Thanks.

Back