Search Engines That Use Low Cost Airlines [Eu]

Girino

Registered
I am looking for a round trip ticket from BUE to MIL on June, and I noticed that flying this way cost 40% more than viceversa. Du-uh. I tried different departure airports, including Montevideo and Sao Paulo, but the prices are always very high ($1000 and upward).

I consulted hopper.com for historical prices with cheap flying dates, but somehow this years things are different - there is the EXPO fair in Milan starting on May 1st, and this might cause an increase in prices. However, I noticed that the various website I checked never suggest low cost airlines for the last leg of the flight (from MAD to MIL, from CDG to MIL, etc.)

I am wondering if there are websites that check also low cost airlines in their comparison.

My search has involved skyscanner, kayak, adioso, cheapoair, matrix.ita, and hopper. Am I missing something here?

Cheapoair.com displays some low cost carriers, but not all (not ryanair or wizz for example). Given that you want to fly into MIL (as you know there are MXP, LIN and BGY), easy jet has a base at one of the MXP terminals and will display in cheapoair.com (or buy directly at easy jet's web page). Your observation regarding fare difference is the way the market is structured plus the AFIP surcharge. For example, there are ways to get to EZE via JFK or MIA on AA from MXP for a promo price of 800 USD or as low as 600 at times (btw, currently Alitaila has amazing promo on some days for flights to EZE for as low as 400 USD RT from some European gateways), however, going from here to EU is rarely under 1000 USD.

ITA Matrix is the best place to search for flights - https://matrix.itasoftware.com/

You can see all the prices, and find the lowest ones, but will have to go to another site to book.

I already use that but oddly it is giving me higher prices than other websites.
Orbitz gave me the best deal with just a bove $1000 roundtrip via Instanbul. Not sure what to do in Istanbul for 10 hours in-between flights, though. :D

I both a ticket to Rome at Despegar.com for 22.000 pesos while 2 days later I both another tocket at the same flight straight to Alitalia for 16.000. No comments.

Seems pretty high. Now tickets to Rome are just 13.000 ARS and two months ago 11.000 ARS (of course, you must be flexible, these are lowest prices). There are advertising of flights to Italy from Iberia and Alitalia showing up in my pages, each day they increase of 1000 ARS. They started at 13.000 ARS last week and reached 15.000 ARS yesterday, now they are down a little.

You should expect to pay more than $1000 for a flight to Europe. How much were you planning to spend?

Flights the other way cost sensibly less.
Around 700 EUR for a round ticket.

Flights out of south america are super expensive.

Just flew to Colombia and the ticket cost 2300 usd

Seems pretty high. Now tickets to Rome are just 13.000 ARS and two months ago 11.000 ARS (of course, you must be flexible, these are lowest prices). There are advertising of flights to Italy from Iberia and Alitalia showing up in my pages, each day they increase of 1000 ARS. They started at 13.000 ARS last week and reached 15.000 ARS yesterday, now they are down a little.

Non stop tickets are always more expensive.

Back