Searching For An Internship In Buenos Aires!

Cat

Registered
Hola!

I am Catherine and I am currently searching for an internship in Buenos Aires for next year. I study international leisure management in the Netherlands and therefor I would like to do an internship which involves project management. Can't really find a company via Google though so I hoped that someone here could maybe help me? Thank you in advance!

Honestly, I think that the concept of internship is a completely foreign idea in Argentina. I've never even come across any examples of it here in the several years and offices I've worked in. The labour laws do not favour employers when it comes to having someone working on an unpaid basis. Local businesses are very wary about the terms of employment and compensation as there is rampant lawsuits lodged by opportunistic employees.

The best course of action is probably via an international company that has an established intern program and inquire about positions abroad. Maybe this industry is different; but locally - I haven't even heard of interns in large multinationals [IBM, Accenture,etc].

Honestly, I think that the concept of internship is a completely foreign idea in Argentina. I've never even come across any examples of it here in the several years and offices I've worked in. The labour laws do not favour employers when it comes to having someone working on an unpaid basis. Local businesses are very wary about the terms of employment and compensation as there is rampant lawsuits lodged by opportunistic employees.

The best course of action is probably via an international company that has an established intern program and inquire about positions abroad. Maybe this industry is different; but locally - I haven't even heard of interns in large multinationals [IBM, Accenture,etc].

Internships are very common in Argentina, especially in large multinationals. They are called pasantías or most recently "programa de jóvenes profesionales" (the latter are generally paid). It's very common to start out as an intern and then get a job offer if they want to keep you - my sister got into JP Morgan in Buenos Aires this way. Accenture Argentina has an internship program called "Accenture Consulting Academy". There's an internship section in ZonaJobs (here), but of course, it's only in Spanish. This is the internship section of Bumeran, and I'm sure you can find the same in other local sites.

Good luck!

Internships are very common in Argentina, especially in large multinationals. They are called pasantías or most recently "programa de jóvenes profesionales" (the latter are generally paid). It's very common to start out as an intern and then get a job offer if they want to keep you - my sister got into JP Morgan in Buenos Aires this way. Accenture Argentina has an internship program called "Accenture Consulting Academy". There's an internship section in ZonaJobs (here), but of course, it's only in Spanish. This is the internship section of Bumeran, and I'm sure you can find the same in other local sites.

Good luck!
Ok, but it looks like it's something that wasn't really formalized until 2008 under ley. 26.427. I mentined that from my experience I've not seen this, but hey. I guess not. Mia culpa.

Back